BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris FX and Adobe CC

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
peter mcauleyBoris FX and Adobe CC
by on Jul 15, 2013 at 9:57:56 pm

Hi,

Speaking on behalf of the company, I'd just like to make sure that all of our users know where we are with regard to support for the Adobe CC applications.

Let's start with the official public release of Adobe CC, which occurred on June 17th. Almost immediately following the release of Adobe CC (that same morning, in fact) we posted written instructions for our users so that they could manually install the filters into the CC host while we finished updating our automated product installer.

WIthin 48 hours of the CC release, we had posted live to our website updated installers for Boris Continuum Complete 8 and Boris RED 5, which included the option to automatically install the product into Adobe CC. WIthin the next few days we completed and rolled out installer updates with a CC target option for the remainder of our Adobe host product line with the result that all of our current Adobe host products include up-to-date automated product installers that offer the option to install into several versions of the Adobe host target, including CC.

And I'm happy to say that all of this work was done at zero cost for those that are using the latest version of our products.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Marcus WarrenRe: Boris FX and Adobe CC
by on Jul 19, 2013 at 3:26:50 am

Peter, can you speak for the company regarding development of Media 100 Suite (and RED as well)? I have been asked to recommend computer and editing software for a large concern. Quite frankly, I am hesitant to recommend Media 100 Suite since there has been so little in the way of major upgrades and new features for almost two years. I don't have to know specifics, but knowing the BorisFX does indeed plan to release a significant upgrade *soon* would help me to consider recommending Media 100.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Boris FX and Adobe CC
by on Jul 19, 2013 at 9:08:21 pm

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for responding. What I can tell you with regard to RED is that it is in a continuous state of active development and receives regular point updates to deal with changes in target hosts and newly discovered issues which have been reported from the field by end users. RED will is also slated to receive major upgrades ... the next major release of RED will be RED 6 and I can't comment on exactly when that will happen, nor can I offer any comment on any new features / enhancements to the product ... all I can say is that it's going to happen.

We have been issuing minor updates to Media 100 with feature improvements and support for new hardware and I have no reason to believe that this will stop. I can't offer you any other insight on the roadmap for Media 100 though as I'm not involved with that product line but if you email me directly at peterm@borisfx.com I can put you in touch with someone who might be able to help.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

by on Jul 20, 2013 at 12:56:45 am

Thank you for commenting on the status or RED and the info regarding Media 100 Suite.

Return to posts index

by on Jul 21, 2013 at 8:05:41 am

Oh, and regarding Boris RED 6, I really hope that there are some substantial new capacities being built into six. While there were a couple of new features specific to RED 5, in reality, RED 5 ended up being mostly a repository for BCC and FEC filters. Don't get me wrong, those filters were very welcome, and I certainly hope RED 6 receives loooong overdue BCC 8 filters, but beyond the filers, the upgrade was rather slight, especially after such a long wait between RED 4.x and 5.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]