BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Pan and Zoom for 3 points animation.

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nicolas remond
Pan and Zoom for 3 points animation.
on Jul 12, 2013 at 1:11:26 am

Hello,

I love Pan and zoom filter, it is extremely intuituive, fast, and produces flawless quality. I am using "AB automation" most of the time, and with the semi automatic and full control modes I have experienced some frustrations. In particular, I cannot manage to make a good smooth and regular animation with 3 stops: travelling from point A to point B, then from point B to point C. Is there a setting than could facilitate such 3 points animation?

Thanks in advance.

Nicoremo

Return to posts index

James Macon
Re: Pan and Zoom for 3 points animation.
on Jul 12, 2013 at 5:59:56 pm

Hi Nicoremo-
If you change the speed of the animation to accelerate mode or change the interpolation to a curved mode you might get the results your looking for.

-James

Return to posts index

nicolas remond
on Jul 13, 2013 at 4:14:33 am

Hello James,

I will try that, thanks!
Nicoremo

Return to posts index

Michael McCune
on Aug 29, 2013 at 2:19:31 am

Nicolas; Can you bring up the graph mode in FX?

Douglas - Gaijin-Eyes - has a wonderful tutorial on the graph capabilities of FX. It is #16.07.

There is a huge benefit in *seeing* the FX transformations, as the different interpolation modes yield sometimes surprising or unexpected results.

It is all mathematical, of course, so the program is not making mistakes, but unexpected jerkiness I have found is easily fixed when one can see the curves and make changes directly in the graph mode.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]