BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Add more Blur to FEC Blur Dissolve Transition in Boris Red?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam BerchAdd more Blur to FEC Blur Dissolve Transition in Boris Red?
by on Jun 30, 2013 at 2:52:24 pm

Hi,

I'm using Boris Red and I want to add some more blur to the FEC Transition "FEC BLUR DISSOLVE." How can I do that? Can I do that?

I pick the transition from the list and I cannot see in the parameters where I can add or take away Blur.

Thanks in advance

Avid Media Composer 6.5
Boris Red 5

Return to posts index

Jon KozenkoRe: Add more Blur to FEC Blur Dissolve Transition in Boris Red?
by on Jul 1, 2013 at 4:15:18 pm

Hello Adam.
When you apply the FEC Blur Transition, it should automatically load in the Controls window, and in the Controls window, above the main controls (such as 'Show Overlay Controls' and 'Animation), there should be multiple Tabs, including one for 'Blur Extras' - the ability to enhance the blur using Vertical and Horizontal controls will be inside there. If you don't see the other tabs in the Controls window, expand the 'FEC Blur Transition' layer in the RED timeline, and inside there expand 'Transformations', and there should be a sub-layer called 'Blur Extras' - click on that and this portion will load into the Controls window.

Note also that the Vertical and Horizontal blur will appear to be set to Maximum by default, as the sliders will be all the way to the right, and the default for both will be 100. Click on the 100, and you can type in a greater value, up to 10000.

Hope this helps.
Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]