BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Adobe Premiere & After Effects CC (Creative Cloud): whassup?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
H. Paul Moon
Adobe Premiere & After Effects CC (Creative Cloud): whassup?
on Jun 19, 2013 at 1:23:49 am

Really disappointed that Boris FX is asleep at the wheel on release day for Adobe's major Creative Cloud (CC) update to Premiere and After Effects. As in the past, Red Giant Software was right on top of it, while Boris FX will mosey into action way too late.

It's a big problem for us when we have works-in-progress that use Boris FX plug-ins. Even just one of them critically placed on one clip can hold up an entire family of projects from upgrading to the latest CC platform, just because Boris FX didn't update (or even let us know a roadmap).

Return to posts index

James Macon
Re: Adobe Premiere & After Effects CC (Creative Cloud): whassup?
on Jun 19, 2013 at 1:57:48 pm

Hello-
I apologize for not posting this sooner.

Mac:
For BCC/FEC, open Macintosh HD: Library: Application Support: Adobe: Common: Plugins: CS(whatever version you’re currently running): Media Core. This folder contains the plugins and they can be copied from this folder to Macintosh HD: Library: Application Support: Adobe: Common: Plugins: 7.0 to be implemented in Adobe CC.

RED and FX will also have to be copied over but using a slightly different method. Open Macintosh HD: Applications: Adobe Premiere Pro CS(whatever version you’re currently running). In that folder you will need right click on Premiere Pro.app and select “Show Package Contents”. From there navigate to Premiere Pro: Contents: Plug-Ins: Common and copy the “Boris RED.bundle” or “BorisFX.bundle” files to the corresponding folder in Adobe Premiere CC.

PC:
It’s the same idea for existing PC installs, copy the files from C: Program Files: Adobe: Common: Plugins: CS(whatever): Media Core to the 7.0 Media Core folder and you should be all set.

Return to posts index

H. Paul Moon
Re: Adobe Premiere & After Effects CC (Creative Cloud): whassup?
on Jun 19, 2013 at 7:02:51 pm

Thanks, I'm more chilled out about this now after a dialogue over at the Boris FX Facebook Page. As noted there, I still think that it's preferable to use the Custom install option and specify the directory then as such, rather than moving the file locations post-installation as the installer (and hence un-installer) loses track of where they are located.

Anyway, they appear to be compatible based on my one spot check on Windows 8 64-bit with Premiere Pro CC, but it remains to be seen how the individual plug-ins will behave. (It leaves me wondering how Red Giant Software needed to revise their plug-ins for CC compatibility, while Boris FX stayed A-OK.)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]