BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

One motion tracked video allowed by Vegas Pro 11/BCC 7

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Derek Benito
One motion tracked video allowed by Vegas Pro 11/BCC 7
on May 24, 2013 at 11:07:20 am

I am using Vegas Pro 11 and BCC7 Corner Pin effect.

The project I am trying to do is putting up a video in the screen of a cellphone. The cellphone is turned off so the screen is blank. I am trying to replicate the effect(projecting a video in the screen) within the same project at a different timeline postion and track. I have set the would-be projected videos' track as compositing child.

Please take note that I have successfully projected the video in the cellphone screen in the first try.

I used the same footage of the cellphone and a different video to be projected. I used BCC Corner pin again, set the source to B, loaded the SAME tracker data. But upon loading the tracker data, the second projected video's alignment is exactly positioned where the last tracking position of the first video is. I turned on the 'Show Motion Tracking' option to verify this. To top it off, it's not tracking anymore. There's no change even if I change the tracker data.

But upon putting the second video at the beginning of the timeline (turning the first video off), the tracking would work fine.

Does Vegas Pro, or BCC 7 only allow videos to be tracked in the beginning of the timeline and only at one instance? If so, how could I make multiple clips having motion tracking in one project?

Return to posts index

James Macon
Re: One motion tracked video allowed by Vegas Pro 11/BCC 7
on May 24, 2013 at 3:42:28 pm

Derek-
It sounds like you might need to recreate your tracking data in the later clip.

Regardless, would you mind emailing us from http://www.borisfx.com/support/form.php ? If we can get your project we can do some testing to determine exactly what's going on.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]