BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

General Controls in Wild Cards BCC8?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Hinkel
General Controls in Wild Cards BCC8?
on May 11, 2013 at 5:39:28 am

Why are there no general controls in the Wild Cards particle FX for Sony Vegas Pro? How would you make the back. I was looking to make the video wall as in the tutorial for AVID. At a loss to eliminate the background video to black. Another request for MORE tutorials for Sony Vegas and Boris FX.

Return to posts index

James Macon
Re: General Controls in Wild Cards BCC8?
on May 13, 2013 at 2:30:03 pm

Are you saying that you don't have any controls for the Wild Cards effect in Vegas or that you're having issues when you're adjusting parameters of the effect? We'll look into adding more tutorials for Vegas.

Return to posts index

Mike Hinkel
on May 13, 2013 at 3:48:08 pm

James, I have most of the controls, but there is a "General Controls" in the Avid tutorial that shows the BCC8 Control panel. General Controls is absent in Vegas Pro BCC8. This is just one of the problems I come across when trying to decipher the tutorials of other NLE's to adapt to Vegas. The PDF manual helps for some Vegas applications, but is incomplete at best.

Return to posts index

James Macon
on May 13, 2013 at 6:33:30 pm

Mike, as a work around you can apply Wild Cards to the track you want and insert an empty event on a video track below. This will make the background of the Wild Cards clip black.

As for the general controls setting in question, that is actually Avid specific and doesn't exist anywhere outside of that program. Again, we'll keep looking at updating tutorials and the documentation that exists for Vegas.

Return to posts index

Mike Hinkel
on May 13, 2013 at 6:38:31 pm

Thanks James. I'll give that a shot and hope to try and duplicate the video wall as displayed in the Avid tutorial.

Return to posts index

Joe Mantaratz
on Nov 14, 2013 at 11:26:52 pm

James are you saying that the effect will not function in Sony Pro 12 as it does in the Avid tutorial?

I hope that is not the case as I just spent quite a bit on all Boris products.

Return to posts index

James Macon
on Nov 15, 2013 at 8:13:37 pm

Hi Joe-
There are certain bits of functionality that aren't present depending on the host application. Unfortunately, this part of Wild Cards isn't supported in Sony Vegas Pro.

James

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]