BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC pin art for sony vegas

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daengel MasonBCC pin art for sony vegas
by on Apr 22, 2013 at 4:09:47 am

I cant seem to figure out how to use bcc pin art for sony vegas.Is there a tutorial out there somewhere? If not, can somebody please make one? I tried with both sony vegas 11 and 12 doesnt seem to be working.

Return to posts index

Jon KozenkoRe: BCC pin art for sony vegas
by on Apr 22, 2013 at 4:26:19 pm

If you're looking for a tutorial on the workings of the effect, it is true that we don't have one inside Vegas, but we do have a tutorial video that shows the workings of the effect in After Effects, and that would be largely identical. There is also a PDF that should have come with the effect (I can send a copy to you if you don't have it) and you can even load presets for the effect as alternate starting points.

However, it sounds like you're having problems even getting the effect to work in the first place? If so, what happens when you try to apply the effect? Primarily, do you not see the desired change to the video, or something else, such as Vegas crashing?

Return to posts index

Daengel MasonRe: BCC pin art for sony vegas
by on Apr 22, 2013 at 7:47:41 pm

Hey Jon.
When i drag pin art onto my project nothing happens. I have tried playing around with the settings and nothing happens. Could it be my video settings? and yes please send the pdf. Maybe that will help a bit.

Return to posts index

Stewart BourkeRe: BCC pin art for sony vegas
by on Apr 24, 2013 at 8:05:49 pm

I bought Boris BCC8 for Vegas, and have to say that I am deeply dissappointed in the documentation in so far as it references vegas. I would love to use many of the effects, but there are just enough differences between the vegas versions and the AE vesions to make it very difficult to learn how to use them. I have never used AE, nor premiere, nor FCP - so when I see something that is 'an easy jump from AE' for example, I find it never quite works as expected.

BCC is a professional environment - I get that - and when the tools work they are superb e.g. the Chroma Keyer, corner pin etc - have allowed me do some really cool things. I expect there to be a learning curve with any new tool. However, the docs supplied are references, not 'how-to' and they refer to all the various parameters on the assumption that you know what they are for... If it were not for John Rofrano's tutorials I would be lost. And I know there are many, many features I am not using, simply because I don't know they are there...

This is not rant - just an opinion... the tools work - I just wish it was a little easier for a Vegas user to get to know ho to use them in Vegas, not another NLE and have to try and figure out how they work there first...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved