BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Comp Camera in 3D Particle Array

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel SkrobowskiComp Camera in 3D Particle Array
by on Apr 19, 2013 at 4:31:49 am

Hi, I'm an AvidFX user, and I need some help using a plugin.

I would like to know how to be able to use the BCC 3D Particle Array plugin with the camera from a 3D model container in AvidFX. I see an "accept comp camera" option in the general plugin settings for the 3D particle array, but the select box is shaded out and can not be selected. How can I use the camera in a 3D model container to view and explore the 3D particle array?

My goal is to build a scene with some text, solids, and particles from the particle array. Obviously, to be able to explore the scene efficiently, I need a global comp camera from a containing 3D model container to work with all of the child elements/parts of the scene that it contains.

Does anybody have any suggestions about this?

Any advice is appreciated.

Return to posts index

James MaconRe: Comp Camera in 3D Particle Array
by on Apr 25, 2013 at 7:00:21 pm

Hi Daniel-
Avid FX doesn't support any comp camera system. The option that you found in FX that seems like it would create a comp camera actually is there for when the effect is being used in Adobe After Effects.

The plugins utilized in Boris Red and Avid FX are actually built on the Adobe plugin structure and will have some residual settings and preference options for those programs, one of them being the comp camera setting you found in 3D Particle Array.

Hopefully this answers your question.

Return to posts index

Daniel SkrobowskiRe: Comp Camera in 3D Particle Array
by on Apr 25, 2013 at 8:47:12 pm

Hi James, thank you for your reply. It was informative.

Do you have any suggestions concerning how to incorporate the 3D particle array into a 3D scene? Is there any way that you know of to explore a 3D scene in Avid FX that uses that plugin? The functionality of the plugin (and Avid FX/Boris RED itself) is severely diminished if you can only use it by itself.

Return to posts index

James MaconRe: Comp Camera in 3D Particle Array
by on Apr 26, 2013 at 6:26:29 pm

Hey Daniel-
Avid FX/Red are geared towards applying effects to pre-rendered footage or creating new effects from scratch. Essentially saying that your 3D comp would have to be rendered and thus unchangeable for RED/Avid FX to handle it.

To accomplish what you're looking for you would have to incorporate the 3D Particle Array into what I can only assume is your AE project, which you can totally do given Boris Continuum for AE.

Hope this clarifies.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved