BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Problem: Adding two plugins from BCC crashes Premiere CS6

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jacques de Vos
Problem: Adding two plugins from BCC crashes Premiere CS6
on Mar 28, 2013 at 5:41:49 am

I am quite excited having purchased BCC last night but have already run into some hickups and would really appreciate any assistance. I searched for something similar in older threads here, but found nothing:

When applying two specific plugins (Noise Reduction and Optical Stabilizer) to one clip Premiere Pro CS6 freezes. Here are the steps (happens without fail):

- First apply the BCC Noise Reduction plugin to a clip (or an adjustment layer above it)
- Then apply BCC Optical Stabilizer to the same clip.

Premiere immediately freezes after step two and then continues to display the thinking symbol. After 1 minute or so it disappears and it looks like all is well, but clicking on anything once immediately puts it back into this frozen state for another 1 to 2 minutes. This just keeps repeating and you are forced to shut down Premiere Pro forcefully as even clicking the X icon induces this effect. Doing it the other way around (Optical Stabilizer first then Noise Reduction) does the same.

I then tired applying one plug-in at a time, rendering the entire work area and then applying the second plug in, but the exact same thing happens.

I'd appreciate any input...

Win 7 64 bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz
Nvidia GT525M
16GB RAM

Return to posts index

Boris Yamnitsky
Re: Problem: Adding two plugins from BCC crashes Premiere CS6
on Mar 28, 2013 at 11:00:34 am

Hi Jacques,

Someone from our support team will be back to you immediately.

Boris Yamnitsky
BorisFX

Return to posts index

Jacques de Vos
on Mar 28, 2013 at 12:58:13 pm

Hi Boris

Thank you for the swift reply, awesome to see the actual Boris respond :)

A bit of additional information:

I can now confirm that it seems to be the Noise Reduction plugin that is causing the problem. The most recent trip-up was when I first applied the BCC Unsharp mask to a clip (no problems at all) and then applying the BCC Noise Reduction plugin has the exact same effect (everything freezes as described above).

Regards

Jacques

Return to posts index

Jon Kozenko
on Mar 28, 2013 at 1:43:39 pm

Jacques,

Thanks for the additional information here. Hopefully you received my email sent to you shortly ago. In your emails to Support, however, you only mention the two effects 'DeNoise' and 'Optical Stabilizer'. Now that you've found the problem with Unsharp Mask, I presume that, like Optical Stabilizer, this effect is only a problem when working in conjunction with DeNoise?

If you have not received an email from Support already, you can let me know here.

Thanks.

Jon

Return to posts index

Jacques de Vos
on Mar 28, 2013 at 2:07:53 pm

Hi Jon

I just sent the reply, but will quickly mention it here with a few additional details as well:

It is correct that when ‘BCC Noise Reduction’ is used with something as plain as ‘BCC unsharp mask’ the exact same thing happens. Does this still sound reasonable in terms of workload?

I’m trying really hard to have a simple workflow where I input clips into Premiere, apply effects, send to Speedgrade and export the final video without having to render separate clips with bits and pieces of effects applied to them. I was using the PP warp stabilizer (which is poor compared to BCC Optical Stabilizer) before on exactly the same clips without any problems. Is it possible that the BCC plug-ins are that much more intensive?

Just now I followed your advice and opened task manager as the 'freeze' was happening and according to that, neither the CPU or memory is being maxed out at all. If I just click on the actual adjustment layer containing 'Noise reduction' it locks up...

Let me know if there is any additional information I can supply and thanks again for the help.

Jacques

Return to posts index

Jacques de Vos
on Mar 30, 2013 at 10:33:00 am

As bizarre as it sounds, the plugins decided to start co-operating. I had not restarted the computer, changed or re-installed anything but now somehow things seems to be working…

A big thanks to Jon of Boris FX for the awesome customer support , it was hands down the best after purchase customer care I have ever received when it comes to software!

Return to posts index

Rabiu Adesina
on Mar 23, 2014 at 8:06:20 pm

I also have same problem last night and am yet to get over this. I newly installed Boris fx BCC8 trial version on my system. After working with the flicker fix and particles. I realized that each time I tried rendering and exporting,it will suddenly stop my CS6 from working. It repeatedly does that many times. Pls help. I run on 64bit dell XPS 8500. My CS6 has been working perfectly before now,please help fast,10days is left for the trial period and I want to be able to test this trial version successfully to decide whether to buy the full version. Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]