BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

rolling title

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ingo Helbigrolling title
by on Feb 23, 2013 at 2:10:04 am

Can someone please help with a Rolling Title problem using Boris with FCP (not FCPx). I have three episodes of a television series in a Pal DVPro50 project. The credits have the same content except for the 'thankyous' at the end, so are slightly different in length. The rolling title on one is clean and works perfectly. The text on the other two 'flickers' as it rolls up the screen. It's been suggested this may be something to do with the length of the roll and how it fits into the duration (number of seconds and frames allocated to it on the timeline. I've tried repositioning slightly and changing the duration by a few frames, but can't achieve a clean result. Can anyone confirm if this is the problem and if so give a formula to achieve a clean roll. Alternatively, can anyone suggest another solution to the problem. Many thanks Ingo Helbig

Return to posts index

Jeppe SvendsenRe: rolling title
by on Feb 26, 2013 at 2:03:03 pm

Hi Ingo

I had the same problem once, using Avid FX, which is actually Boris RED, to create a rolling title. The thing that solved the problem for me was adding motion blur to the title and then change the shutter from 180 to 360.
This gave me Sharp, smooth rolling titles without any flicker.
I don't know if you have these options (to add motion blur and change the shutter), but if you have then try them out.

I hope you find a solution.

Return to posts index

Ingo HelbigRe: rolling title
by on Feb 27, 2013 at 1:09:32 am

Many thanks for your help Jeppe. Since posting I discovered the 'flicker filter' check box in the settings. Activating this has reduced the flicker problem to an acceptabele level, however made the text less sharp. Curiously the degree of flicker differed in all three titles, which I suspect has someting to do with the ratio of frames and fields to the number of lines of information. Un fortunately I don't have the shutter option you mention, but can see this would change that relationship. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved