BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Scrolling presets on BCC8 Lens Flare 3D and Vegas 12 is very slow

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert St-Onge
Scrolling presets on BCC8 Lens Flare 3D and Vegas 12 is very slow
on Feb 18, 2013 at 5:08:08 pm

As I scroll the BCC8 Lens Flare 3D presets with the up/down arrow keys, it is painfully slow and almost unusable unless you would know which flare you are looking for. I have narrowed down this strange behavior with one event on the timeline and still is slow, although it works fine under Vegas 10.

If I scroll the BCC8 Advanced Flare presets in V12, all is fine.

Running Vegas 12 build 486 with NVIDIA driver 310.90 and a GTS450 graphic card.

Return to posts index

Mike Hinkel
Re: Scrolling presets on BCC8 Lens Flare 3D and Vegas 12 is very slow
on Feb 20, 2013 at 3:11:39 am

I notice the same thing Robert. Very slow to respond. Then again, a lot of things are slower when using BCC8. Nature of the beast, I guess. I have a GTX460 with 8 gigs of RAM using the same drivers.

Return to posts index

Robert St-Onge
on Feb 22, 2013 at 2:58:59 am

I have 16 gigs of RAM, works great in V10 but so slow in V12, hopefullly I will get some kind of feedback from Borisfx.

Thanks for reporting Mike.

Return to posts index

Mike Hinkel
on Feb 22, 2013 at 4:50:54 am

I hope they get back with you here, Robert. I went to their Facebook page to ask the same question I put in here. You can try that. I got an answer there, but having a problem with the explanation of it. There are times when I wonder if it is pick and choose here on the Cow. Days go by with no reply to Vegas issues.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Feb 22, 2013 at 3:41:07 pm

Hi Guys,

I apologize for the delayed response ... I was working off-site for a few days and couldn't check in to the forum. So ... my first step will be to see if I can reproduce the slowness that you are seeing on our systems. You're reporting that when you use BCC 8 with Vegas Pro 12 that when you attempt to load presets into the Lens Flare 3D filter that the response from the system is not what you would expect.

While I look into this, can you please let me know if this is something new - i.e., did you upgrade anything on the system that could be responsible for the sluggish performance?

Also, how is the performance when you are interacting with the filter parameters in the effects control window? You should be getting real-time live interaction as you make changes to the filter. Is this what you are seeing?

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Robert St-Onge
on Feb 22, 2013 at 4:35:31 pm

Hi Peter,

I did not upgrade anything other than V12 build 394 to 486.
Haven't used V12 a lot and I am slowly migating from V10 to V12 since build 486 fixed a Color Curves issue.

Filter parameters in the effects control window works flawlessly and I do get real-time live interaction.

The slowness is only observed at the preset level when I hover over the presets, click and scroll with my mouse or when I select different presets from the presets drop-down list.

I just checked the BCC Lens Flare and BCC Lens Flare Advanced and they work fine at the preset level so the problem only occurs with the BCC Lens Flare 3D.

Thanks Peter and Mike

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Feb 22, 2013 at 4:51:21 pm

HI Robert,

This worked fine on earlier builds of Vegas Pro ... we've verified that on our systems so something changed in Vegas Pro that is the source of the problem. We'll see what we can do to arrive at a solution as soon as possible. Also, we're seeing that the problem is apparent in more than just the Lens Flare 3D filter but it's something that doesn't affect every filter in the package.

Thanks for reporting this to us.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Robert St-Onge
on Feb 22, 2013 at 4:57:22 pm

Thanks so much for the follow-up Peter!

Return to posts index

Mike Hinkel
on Feb 22, 2013 at 5:56:36 pm

Thanks Peter. I forgot that you were at the Demo night in NY. I would have liked to have gone, but as a "starving artist" I couldn't make the trip up there.

BCC8 is generally slow in my system, but some things are slower than others. With more than a couple FX on the timeline it can be tedious. An upgraded system would be a plus to see things in real time. Thanks for looking into the problem.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Feb 22, 2013 at 6:42:05 pm

Sure thing Mike and sorry that you couldn't make it for the Tuesday presentation, but there will be more. Perhaps NAB?

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]