BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

RED missing filters

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marcus WarrenRED missing filters
by on Dec 10, 2012 at 4:12:23 am

More than two years ago Boris FX announced that Warp, Morph and Video Morph filters would be part of Boris RED 5. Any news?

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: RED missing filters
by on Dec 10, 2012 at 2:44:55 pm

Hi Marcus,

The issue at hand, which of course you are already aware of, is that the particular filters you mention all rely upon the host native spline masks from After Effects to work. I'm glad that you have once again raised this issue - I'll find the log in our database relating to this report / request and see what we can do to elevate the status. Although I can't offer a hard promise to you as to exactly when this feature will be made available in RED I can tell you that it will be discussed and that the length of time it will take to make this available will depend on the level of difficulty of the task.

Thanks again for mentioning this.

Return to posts index

Marcus WarrenRe: RED missing filters
by on Dec 11, 2012 at 3:23:43 am

Hi Peter, actually I did not know that the filters required After Effects spline masks to work. I just knew that they were not in my version of RED 5 (Media 100 Suite) but were mentioned in the Boris FX Boris RED 5 press release from 2010, which, by the way, does not mention the need for the spline masks.

Thanks for the clarification.

You infer that I have brought up this topic before...hmmm...must have been a long time ago, 'cause I don't remember...but i am sure that you keep accurate logs.

Anyway, one more clarification, if you don't mind. The BCC product comparison chart indicates that BCC 3D Objects are not available in Boris RED. But they are, aren't they? Or are the 3D Object filters in BCC 8 substantially different from what is available in Boris RED 5?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved