BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Sony Vegas Boris Red Lens Flare?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Glass OnionSony Vegas Boris Red Lens Flare?
by on Dec 1, 2012 at 11:30:38 pm

Hi, when working with the BBC lens flare filter from Boris in Vegas 11 on an empty event, the background suddenly goes black. The lens flare is still there, but the transparent background layer empty event from vegas turned black.

Is there a way to keep the empty event transparent?

Glare, Glint, Glitter, & Flare all behave the same way with the background layer turning black when the filter is added. The rest of Boris plugs do not behave this way. What is the reason? Is it controllable?

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Sony Vegas Boris Red Lens Flare?
by on Dec 3, 2012 at 4:13:08 pm

It might be that the empty event is not passing any pixel data into the filter and tricking the filter into thinking that there is nothing underneath. You might want to try applying the filter directly to a media layer instead of an empty event to see if this resolves the issue.

The filters that you mention are all OpenGL rendering and this might be related to the fact that they seem to work better in that host when applied directly to a video clip.

Return to posts index

Glass OnionRe: Sony Vegas Boris Red Lens Flare?
by on Dec 3, 2012 at 9:44:31 pm

Yeah, it works as you describe. The other filters can be used on empty events but flare & the others can not. Does anyone know a workaround?

I've tried changing the project properties in Boris, but nothing changes it. Changing the layer to screen in vegas helps in a way, but some of the colors in the flare get lost.

Thanks for the help. Boris is very powerful, but I find myself getting stuck in the workflow sometimes when using it with vegas.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved