BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Boris Red 5 tutorials disk available for download?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doug Buckser
Boris Red 5 tutorials disk available for download?
on Nov 2, 2012 at 11:34:04 am

Hello,

I just purchased Boris Red 5 and am starting to work through the manual. The step-by-step tutorials refer to a Boris Red training manual CD. Unfortunately, because I purchased the product on-line, this CD isn't available.

There is a documentation folder in the download package, with a subdirectory named Tutorials. Unfortunately, the file names and .jpg contents don't correspond to what is in the manual. For example, in lesson 1, the manual refers to:

1. File named columns.jpg
2. File named waves.jpg

There is a single file named tutorial1first.jpg in the tutorials folder on the Red 5 installation package, but it appears to contain the completed image (i.e., the columns image superimposed on the waves image), not the two original images (unless I've completely stuffed it up).

I've googled for the original tutorials folder, but haven't been able to locate it. Does anyone know whether the original tutorials CD is available as a download or stored as an archive?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Doug

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Boris Red 5 tutorials disk available for download?
on Nov 2, 2012 at 5:14:32 pm

Hi Doug,

Thanks for letting us know that the media was missing from the installer ... we'll fix that and post up a free update.

Meanwhile, you can access all of the tutorial media files by following this link:

http://www.borisfx.com/updates/#null

Click on the link to Boris RED and you'll see a download link for the tutorial media.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Doug Buckser
on Nov 2, 2012 at 11:46:13 pm

Hi Peter,

Thank you very much. I downloaded and moved the pictures and movies this morning. Thanks for the very fast response.

Regards,
Doug

Return to posts index

Doug Buckser
on Nov 3, 2012 at 12:02:11 am

Hi Peter,

Sorry to be a pest, but there may be an issue with the files. I downloaded the file, unzipped it and moved it into the Red 5 tutorials folder.

When I tried to import the columns.pct file into Red 5 (step 4, lesson 1), I received the following error message from Red 5:

"Unable to change to the specified media (unsupported image or movie type?)."

Does this mean anything to you? Should I find a converter to change this into a jpeg?

Thanks,
Doug

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Nov 4, 2012 at 11:38:01 pm

Hi Doug,

The problem is with Boris RED 5 64 and Quicktime. The best workaround that I can offer at this point in time is that you download and install the RED 5 32 bit application, which can load the .pct image file. You can then export the file as a tiff, which RED 5 64 can read natively.

I hope this helps.

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]