BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Charts and Graphs in Avid FX and Boris red yield unexpected and annoying results

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil Adamson
Charts and Graphs in Avid FX and Boris red yield unexpected and annoying results
on Oct 22, 2012 at 8:30:44 pm

Okay - so I am aware that the charting capabilities in Avid FX / Boris Red are flaky, unreliable and unstable in the extreme (why they bother to include them when generally they will not yield the desired reult is beyond me) -

But I now have an instance where I would like to use them -

I have placed the Avid FX effect on a white clip on a track inside MC and opened the effect editor from there -

I have added a simple bar chart with 6 values - nothing complex - 6 towers of different heights need to be shown

But...

When I apply and return to the Avid editor the grid and the y axis values are displayed above the bars and are in no shape or form accurate but this is not the case in the Avid FX editor

Anyone know why this happens?

And then sometimes the composite window in Red or Avid FX gets a bit corrupted and it forgets to refresh and redraw the graph correctly - and it becomes impossible to see what the actual chart should look like - exiting the app and restarting doesnt help and to make matters worse it will occassionally render the screen mess when exporting so the final result is a disaster

Anyone know how to get the composite window to refresh to what it should display.

Lastly - on animation - why do all the towers build smoothly and then the last one suddenly pops up as a complete tower without bothering to build as the others have done - it is inconsistent.

Any tips techniques using this disaster of a graphing implementation would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Neil
Effective Video
http://www.effectivevideo.co.za

Return to posts index

Boris Yamnitsky
Re: Charts and Graphs in Avid FX and Boris red yield unexpected and annoying results
on Oct 22, 2012 at 9:27:47 pm

Hi Neil,

You may have to contact tech support on this one. Your software version maybe outdated and not match new system fonts. We'll need to know RED version number, OS, Avid version number, etc. Extra bonus if you can save RED project and send it to us. Hope this helps.

Boris Yamnitsky
BorisFX

Return to posts index

Boris Yamnitsky
Re: Charts and Graphs in Avid FX and Boris red yield unexpected and annoying results
on Oct 23, 2012 at 12:56:48 pm

Hi Neil,

if you still here, please send me your RED project at boris@borisfx.com, We are working on the next point update to RED and I want to make sure that any fix/change if necessary will make it into the next version. Thanks for reporting your problem.

Boris Yamnitsky
BorisFX

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]