BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

how do i add vignetting & blur to the lens of the camera rather than the face of a document

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dan luke
how do i add vignetting & blur to the lens of the camera rather than the face of a document
on Sep 5, 2012 at 5:08:45 pm

I add a tiff image of a document as the layer in avid fx (standalone) I tumble & spin it and reposition it from beginning to end. I add gausian blur and pixel choose outside oval but the oval is married to the tiff layer rather than the camera lens. How do I change it?

Return to posts index

Stacy Lincoln
Re: how do i add vignetting & blur to the lens of the camera rather than the face of a document
on Sep 5, 2012 at 5:24:56 pm

AVID FX now has some vignettes built-in. They will only blur edges...never the entire image. I forget which tab they are under...not sitting at the AVID right now...but search the effects at the top of the library. They're in there. I've also built some myself simply using the gradient tool. Make is radial and make the inside transparent. That works too!

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: how do i add vignetting & blur to the lens of the camera rather than the face of a document
on Sep 17, 2012 at 2:13:28 pm

Drag the filter off of the tiff layer track so that it exists as a track unto itself and place it above everything else in the timeline ... this will yield the result that you have in mind.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]