BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Stabilize and Warning

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Carlson
Stabilize and Warning
on Aug 21, 2012 at 3:13:46 am

My wife and I had a visitor the other day: A full grown mountain lion who thought our property was some kind of habitat. She made a movie of the animal with her iPhone, and now I am trying to stabilize the movie using Avid Media Composer and BCC Stabilize. When I clicked the button to analyze the clip, I got the following message:

Boris Continuum Complete 8.0

To ensure optimum stabilization results, please set your project quality/preview window to full resolution and re-click the Analyze button.

Simple newbie question: Where do I find the "project quality/preview window" so I can set it to full resolution? It's probably obvious to those who use Media Composer on a daily basis, but I'm stumped!

Thanks in advance,
Tom Carlson

Return to posts index

Jeppe Svendsen
Re: Stabilize and Warning
on Aug 21, 2012 at 5:51:59 am

Hello Tom

The button you are looking for is at the bottom of your timeline window. It is the one the red arrow is pointing at in the picture below. Right click the button and you get options to select quality from draft to full. You want to select full.
Hope this helps you.

Jeppe Svendsen

Return to posts index

Jeppe Svendsen
on Aug 21, 2012 at 5:59:15 am

By the way - you should consider using the stabilizer plugin from NewBlueEffects. It does a really good job on handheld footage and it is cheap and very easy to use!
http://www.newbluefx.com/stabilizer.html

Return to posts index

Tom Carlson
on Aug 21, 2012 at 12:46:23 pm

Thanks, Jeppe!

Do you think that the NewBlue stabilizer does a better job than the Boris? I already own BCC 8 for Avid.

Tom

Return to posts index

Jeppe Svendsen
on Aug 21, 2012 at 3:21:06 pm

Just did some testing to be shure and yes I find the NewBlue to be the best. No doubt.
This test was done on some HDV handheld footage. The NewBlue made much less noticeble distortion in the picture.

Jeppe

Return to posts index

Tom Carlson
on Aug 21, 2012 at 5:48:54 pm

Thanks Jeppe!

Well, now you've got me thinking about other choices! Are you aware of or have you tried:

Mercalli V2 PRO?

That seems to be getting very good mentions as well.

Tom

Return to posts index

Jeppe Svendsen
on Aug 21, 2012 at 6:12:10 pm

Hello Tom

I have never tried that, sorry. The promo video seems impressive though! I'm sure thats a really good plugin.
At the moment I am quite impressed by the NewBlue plugin so I'm gonna go with that.

Keep an eye on the Awesome August sale - you might save yourself some money if the stabilizer is on offer again ;)
http://www.newbluefx.com/so/awesome-august/?tracking_id=08_2012_AWEAUG_BB

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]