BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC7 - Extruded Text - Attributes for Builtin Light 1 do not always become available with 'spot'

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael GyoriBCC7 - Extruded Text - Attributes for Builtin Light 1 do not always become available with 'spot'
by on Jul 31, 2012 at 8:12:38 am

I'm getting really flaky behavior when trying to change the builtin light to 'spot' or 'spot with shadows'. Sometimes the attributes for 'spot' become ungreyed so I can change them, but sometimes they do not. It seems that the attributes for shadows (the last 2 attributes) never ungrey when selecting 'spot and shadows'.

Does anyone know of a solution for these bugs?

I'm using Vegas Pro 11 Build 683 and Boris BCC7.04 on Windows 7 64 bit.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: BCC7 - Extruded Text - Attributes for Builtin Light 1 do not always become available with 'spot'
by on Jul 31, 2012 at 2:15:39 pm

Hi Michael,

The last two attributes in the light 1 parameter list (Width and Alpha Channel Tolerance) are visible in the UI but in reality they are phantom parameters at this stage and are not applicable at this time in this host. They control, or will control, the appearance of shadows that are cast from one letter onto another letter - Width is used to soften the shadow and Alpha Channel Tolerance is used to define the threshold for the shadow.

There is a plan to hook these options up, but currently they have no effect.

Regarding other parameters not being available in the UI (greyed out) when they should be available (ungreyed) - if you have a reproducible case then we can reproduce this in our labs, investigate the cause of the problem and (hopefully) fix the issue if it's on our end. Please feel free to send the steps to reproduce the problem and we would be happy to take a look. You will need to send the steps to support@borisfx.com. PLease include your system information in the report so that we can set up a similar system for our tests.

I hope this helps.

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]