BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris Red (mac) text issue

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dave rawsonBoris Red (mac) text issue
by on Jul 26, 2012 at 8:17:20 pm

Any time I change the X, Y, or Z parameters of text I end up having to change them to linear. My text will do a weird premature snapping to the end key frame if I don't. So I can't use the default ease in/ease out option or any of the other options for that matter.
Anyone know of a solution?

Return to posts index

Stacy LincolnRe: Boris Red (mac) text issue
by on Jul 26, 2012 at 8:26:15 pm

Linear is almost always the best "default" choice for effects. They will flow smoothly. It's what I use the most. Ease in/out can often create those weird snapping motions. Accelerate and Decelerate also can be good choices. But Linear is usually the best choice. At least, for the editing I do. You can set it to be your default option, which is what I do. But not sitting in an edit suite right this second, I don't remember how to navigate and do that. I usually need to be sitting at the machine to remember. I think it's in settings while you're in AVID FX.

Return to posts index

Steve PankowRe: Boris Red (mac) text issue
by on Jul 26, 2012 at 8:52:15 pm

I think your only choice is to twirl down into the Transformations track and dink around with the bezier handles on whatever you're looking to alter. Never had much luck with that myself. I'd kill for an automatic "easy eaze" that makes smooth movements between keyframes. Maybe this exists now as I'm still on ver. 3.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Boris Red (mac) text issue
by on Jul 27, 2012 at 1:38:17 pm

Hi Guys.

You can set the default interpolation to any of the available options by going to Window>Show Keyframe Palette.

With Version 5, you have the ability to modify keyframes in a graph editor. This is a much more convenient way of interacting with animation keyframes than the old way of drilling down through the timeline to find the animation curves.

To smooth the bezier interpolation between keyframes, you can drag the handles in the graph editor.

I hope this helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved