BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

BCC Optical Stabilizer

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carlos Silva
BCC Optical Stabilizer
on Jul 13, 2012 at 3:49:32 pm

Hi,

Is expected that BCC Optical Stabilizer (in RED5) provides as good as output than Mercalli V2?

Ps.: Both run as Vegas plugins.

Thanks,
Carlos

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: BCC Optical Stabilizer
on Jul 16, 2012 at 3:55:57 pm

Hi Carlos,

The short answer is yes. Note that there are two options in RED for image stabilization - you can use the motion tracker based stabilizer (Filters>Motion>Motion Stabilizer) or the optical flow based stabilizer (Filters>Time>BCC Optical Stabilizer). The optical flow based stabilizer (BCC Optical Stabilizer) will deliver the same result as the other filter you mentioned.

I hope this helps.

Peter.

Return to posts index

Carlos Silva
on Jul 16, 2012 at 6:16:09 pm

Hi Peter!

Thanks for answering!!!

Should be any recommendation to choose when use either "BCC Optical Stabilizer" or "Motion Stabilizer"?

Bye,
Cadu

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Jul 16, 2012 at 6:23:25 pm

Hi Carlos,

I would recommend starting with the Optical Stabilizer - it's the easiest and most straightforward way to handle this job. Just apply the filter, analyze the media and select the options from the Stabilize pop-up that you want. I'd recommend using the Translation + Rotation + Zoom to get a total lock-down. If you just want to smooth the camera move instead of locking the shot, then select Smooth instead of Stabilize from the Mode pop-up. Note that when you use Stabilize, you can set any frame in the clip around which the shot is locked. And if you use Smooth, then you set the range of frames for smoothness.

If you don't manage to get the result that you want from the Optical Stabilizer, then you should use the motion trackers in the Motion Stabilizer.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Carlos Silva
on Jul 16, 2012 at 9:47:56 pm

Hi Peter,

Many thanks for detailed explanation.

After testing BCC Optical Stabilizer in comparison to Vegas default stabilize, I could say Boris output is great. Even in "smooth" mode I could achieve a good stabilization better than the heavy Vegas stabilization.

Cheers,
Carlos

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]