BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris Red 5.2 "OpenGL Context Failure" error in AdobeMediaEncoder on MAC

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Davide Barducci
Boris Red 5.2 "OpenGL Context Failure" error in AdobeMediaEncoder on MAC
on Jul 8, 2012 at 9:41:25 am

Hi,
I updated Boris RED to last Version (5.2) and now, when I use Adobe Media encoder to render a PPro Sequence, an "OpenGL Contex Failure" error appears on rendered clips, instead of Boris RED effect!...
I tried to render a Preview in premiere and Works fine.
I tried to export from premiere and not use Media encoder and this Works fine also...
So the problem appears only with Adobe Media Encoder and Boris Red...
Someone have this experience? There is some workaround (e.g. some Opengl setting in RED plugin under premiere...)?
All works fine with RED 5.1.5, but unfortunately I deleted this version update, and on BorisFX Website there is only the last version!...
I use premiere 5.5.2 and Media Encoder 5.5.1.12 under Mac OS X 10.7...
Thanks for your interest.
Best Regards
DB

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Boris Red 5.2 "OpenGL Context Failure" error in AdobeMediaEncoder on MAC
on Jul 9, 2012 at 2:54:40 pm

This sounds like something that needs to go through the official BorisFX support channel. I'd like to suggest that you contact our support department either by email or phone so that one of our tech support guys can work with you on this. Here's the contact info:

support@borisfx.com
888-772-6747

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Davide Barducci
on Jul 13, 2012 at 11:58:02 pm

Hi Peter.
As usually, thank you for your rapid and accurate answer.
After my first post in this forum I left a message on BorisFX site about the problem, also because i see that the affected effects are BCC7 and no the Boris Red...
I tried to download also the 7.04 update for BCC on BorisFX website, but unfortunately the update-link is connected to version 8 trial!...

As always, BorisFX official support via "official form" doesn't answer me... I solved all old problems of these plugins only by this forum!!!

So i don't know... I will try to send a "direct" email to support@borisfx.com as you suggested...
Thank you very much....
Best Regards
DB

Return to posts index

Davide Barducci
on Nov 19, 2013 at 11:46:35 pm

Hi,
I solved in the past, with OS X upgrade to Mountain Lion as suggested by BorisFX support team.
Now, I updated OS X to 10.9 and Boris RED to 5.4 and the problem still happen... :-(
Its very very incredible as the MAC environment was (and is) described as stable, sure, productive system... I had and have only problems as this and very poor support (from Apple, Adobe and BorisFX) instead of Windows...
I will try to contact again borisfx support, but if anyone have a suggest or solution please post it... ;-)
Thank you very much
Best Regards
DB

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]