BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

RED: Graphics unlink from source

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Yarbrough
RED: Graphics unlink from source
on Jun 26, 2012 at 9:27:26 pm

Howdy all,
Using Boris RED 5.1.5 (32), I have several imported graphic files (.jpg, .png, .psd) that come 'unlinked' from their sources... I'll view a render only to find RED has replaced my graphic with a black box. If I re-start the program, RED informs me my graphic is missing, and won't let me replace the graphic by selecting itself. Nor does 'search' work. My workaround was to save the graphic in a different format and replace... which works for a while, but then becomes unlinked again. Gives me a headache!

And by the way, what ever happened to previewing the rendering in the composite window? Did I change a user setting? I can't get it back.

best,
Scott

Scott Yarbrough, ProVideo, Madison, WI
MC6/RED 5, WIN7-64, HP z400, 12g

Return to posts index

Scott Yarbrough
Re: RED: Graphics unlink from source
on Jun 27, 2012 at 3:05:33 pm

Additional info: when trying to replace a graphic with itself in the 'files missing' dialog, selecting the original file results in "unable to change to the specified media".

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Jun 28, 2012 at 9:01:31 pm

Hi Scott,

Are you experiencing this issue on Windows or Mac? And is this with RED 32 or RED 64 (or both?) Also, is this issue limited to the use of still image files or are you seeing it with video clips? Of course the next question I have would be when did this start happening?

Sounds like we might need to open this up to support ... have you been in touch with them?

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Scott Yarbrough
on Jul 2, 2012 at 9:50:57 pm

Hi Peter,
Win 7/64 still using RED 32bit 5.1.5. Only happens with the client's logo... saved it in CS6 and CS2, .png and .psd. Happened about a week ago, and I had been trying out Avid FX (64 bit) and After Effects CS6 around the same times. Did re-install, and moved the files' location, no joy. Haven't done support yet, I'm always looking for the intermediate solution so I avoid the "DOH" factor.

best,
Scott

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]