BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

conditional masking - wire remover - BCC8 / SVP10

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stewart Bourke
conditional masking - wire remover - BCC8 / SVP10
on Jun 14, 2012 at 10:44:02 pm

SVP10e, BCC 8, latest

OK, I realise I may be pushing my luck here...

I am looking to try and do some sort of conditional masking. I have footage from a school show, and unfortunately for one scene a prop (sweeping brush) lay on the floor for most of the scene. it is quite noticeable - and especially in the dance sections.

I have been able to use the wire remover to hide it (using cover mode), but when the dancers move in front of the brush handle, the part of them that is where the mask has been set gets distorted because the wire remover is doing its job!!.

I am wondering if there is any way to do 'conditional masking?'. In other words, is it possible with the wire remover (or other effects) to set an area, and have it covered/replaced only if a specific color is present. So, masking only takes place if a specific color is present (the colour of the broom handle), but once a dancer moves in front of the handle, because they are a different colour, it does not mask.

I hope this makes sense?

Return to posts index

Guillaume Jeffrey
Re: conditional masking - wire remover - BCC8 / SVP10
on Jun 15, 2012 at 3:08:51 am

You can try using the pixel chooser and mask using a combination of PC region & PC matte.
Guillaume

Return to posts index

Stewart Bourke
on Jun 15, 2012 at 6:09:38 pm

I read all the words. Syntactically I understand the sentence, but I have no clue where to start from...

Deep down I know I should learn how the pixel chooser, region and matte should work, but I really cannot find any documentation that explains how to use them. The supplied pdfs in BCC tell you what each parameter does, but I cannot find anything that shows you *how* to use them.

What we need is Mr Rofrano to ride in on his white horse with a tutorial...

Would anybody have any links to docs etc that might help?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Guillaume Jeffrey
on Jun 15, 2012 at 10:57:33 pm

Short tutorial on how to use pixel chooser. It's not for Vegas and BCC8 but the principles and parameters are the same.
http://www.borisfx.com/support/PixelChooser.php
Guillaume

Return to posts index

Stewart Bourke
on Aug 19, 2012 at 12:20:26 am

Guillaume,

Sorry for the delay in getting back on this.

I have still not made any progress. The tutorial referenced below is not for Vegas (which you did point out) but it is not a tutorial. it is a demonstration, made by someone who thoroughly understands BCC8, for people who also understand BCC8 - it does not explain anything, it simply shows someone very quickly skimming through a load of settings, but not explaining *why* anything was done, only *what* - not really of any use for a relative beginner. The PDFs that come with the effects are even worse - they assume you understand everything..

To the guys at Boris - is there a pixel-chooser 101 guide anywhere?

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]