BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC 8 Slow rending times

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George BorseBCC 8 Slow rending times
by on May 29, 2012 at 5:19:59 am

Hi Guys, I have a mid-2010 Mac Book Pro 17" with the 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3 ram and Intel core i7 - 2.66 Ghz processor computer running 8gb ram with 500gb internal 7200 drive and 2 external raid drives an 8tb main media drive & 4tb source drive.
Since upgrading to BCC 8, I have encountered some extremely slow rending times with BCC 8 for Avid avx, I hope you can help me to try and sort out this slow rending issue, I have edited 2 x 11 minute sequences and a 4 minute sequence in Avid media composer the projects all consisted of 2 video layers which had 3 effects applied to them, one layer (V1) this main video layer has 2 BCC effects, a BCC film Glow and a BCC Radial wipe TR and an avid Color Correction. Layer 2 (v2) has super graphics, once completed, I started to render the project out, it indicated it would take 2 hours (which seemed rather long to me) however, this then kept getting update to the point where it took in excess of 22 hours to render the 1 x 11 minute sequence out . This was the same for both projects, the 4 minute video took just over 9 hours.
I asked Avid for support thinking it was an Avid issue, support asked me to contact boris fx because, "The BCC effects are rendered differently from other avid effects, and I recommend you contact boris directly for your issues with rendering times"
advised to send a support request to Boris FX, which I did some 6 days ago and I still have heard back from them... in the interim I was asked to do another test which I did… here are the results.
I took the 4 minute video with the same 2 BCC effects applied, I then removed the BCC film Glow and BCC radial wipe TR and left the color correction applied but not rendered I then started to render the entire sequence again without the BCC fx, this time instead of taking 10 hours to render the 4 minute video, it took a mere 3 minutes to finish rendering the sequence with only the color correction applied to the clip… I then reapplied the 2 BCC effects, BCC film Glow and a BCC radial wipe TR to the a new video layer (v3) of the now rendered video, and started to render the video out this time it estimated a time of 55 minutes, I waited to see if it would take 10 hour again… wow! this time it finished rendering the 4 minute video in just a few seconds over 2 hours, so much better than 10 hours, although the color correction was already rendered.
If anyone can tell me if I’m doing something wrong or I haven’t setup the render setting correctly, I would be most grateful… I have 3 x 1 hour videos to produce and I would like to maintain the same look that I created for my client, however, I simply couldn't afford to wait for the time it would take to render them out...
Cheers, George

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved