BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

RED5 - corner pin tracker and light wrap

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Guillaume JeffreyRED5 - corner pin tracker and light wrap
by on May 23, 2012 at 7:49:09 am

Hi,
I put & track an image over a video using Corner pin tracker. Then I want to use light wrap to wrap the video light around the image but I'm not successful: nothing is wrapped.
How to do this?
Guillaume

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: RED5 - corner pin tracker and light wrap
by on May 24, 2012 at 3:08:58 pm

Hi Guillaume,

The only way to do this is to pre-compose the layer that you want to affect with the light wrap filter before you use it as a source for the corner pin. You are, in essence, creating a clip with the light wrap effect already on it and then feeding this into the corner pin filter.

The Light Wrap filter need alpha information in order to do it's trick ... you can use the BCC PixelChooser filter to provide that to the Light Wrap filter. So, first you apply the Pixel Chooser filter to the clip that you want to have a light wrap. Set the PixelChooser channel to None and the Region to Inside Rectangle and position the rectangle so that it butts up to the edge of the source. The result should be that the clip now has a soft alpha edge to it. Then you add the BCC Light Wrap filter to this clip and set the Light Wrap to blend the background image onto the edge of the filtered foreground image. This result is then used as the source for the Corner Pin filter.

I hope this helps to explain how to make this effect.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Guillaume JeffreyRe: RED5 - corner pin tracker and light wrap
by on May 29, 2012 at 7:52:07 am

Hi Peter,
Thanks for the explanation. I eventually reach an pretty good result.
Just a question: is it possible to add a built-in light wrap in the corner pin of RED5 like the one in BCC corner pin? It would make thing much easier.

Guillaume

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: RED5 - corner pin tracker and light wrap
by on May 29, 2012 at 12:33:59 pm

Hi Guillaume,

I'm glad the steps that I provided helped you to generate the effect that you had in mind. I'll take your suggestion of adding the Light Warp function to the BCC Corner Pin (and the BCC MatchMove) filters and add that to our feature wish list. Thanks for suggesting that - I'm sure a lot of users would find it handy.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]