BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

RED projects crash after "memory is low" message

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Yarbrough
RED projects crash after "memory is low" message
on May 22, 2012 at 10:39:06 pm

Unable to open any of a series of projects in RED5-32bit after memory message. Before and after upgrade to 5.1.5. Upon project open attempt, white screen, 'Boris RED has stopped working' or "this file could not be opened because it is not a recognized type or is not readable".

Any thoughts? I made 4 backups for this project and all report the same issues.

Win7-64, HPz400, MC6.0.1

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: RED projects crash after "memory is low" message
on May 22, 2012 at 11:22:28 pm

Hi Scott,

Send me one of the projects without media (peterm@borisfx.com) and I'll see if I can open it on my system. You must be in RED standalone mode, right? I noticed that your MC is v 6, so you'll be using the 64 bit of RED for that system when using the plug-in. Did you by any chance save out the project from the plug-in and then attempt to open it with the standalone 32 bit version of RED? Have you tried opening the project using the 64 bit version of RED?

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Scott Yarbrough
on May 23, 2012 at 2:13:15 pm

Hi Peter,
No, this one started in the stand-alone. I still use the 32 bit because it will render QuickTime with alpha... still haven't figured out how to render AVI with alpha.

I'll send the project shortly. I have to get the four spots represented in this project finished by noon tomorrow, so please look quickly!

best,
Scott

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on May 23, 2012 at 2:17:47 pm

Hi Scott,

I'd like to have one of our support guys call you right away to sort this out - I don't want our software to stand in the way of you being able to meet your deadline. Can you please send me your phone number - you can send that to me here: peterm@borisfx.com.

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Scott Yarbrough
on May 24, 2012 at 4:26:54 pm

Hi Peter,
Just wanted to let everyone know how good your customer service was yesterday. Jeremy called within minutes of your last post, took my project and sent it back to me in a form I could use. Deadline met, clients blissfully unaware.

Thanks again to all the folks at Boris!

Scott Yarbrough

Return to posts index

Jonny Lightning
on May 31, 2012 at 12:26:17 pm

I agree, Boris tech support is amazing. For what it's worth, I used to have this problem almost daily until the 64bit version was released.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]