BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris FX BCC7 will not support AMD Firepro V7900

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rex Polanis
Boris FX BCC7 will not support AMD Firepro V7900
on May 22, 2012 at 9:13:21 pm

I am using Sony Vegas Pro 11 and BCC7. Whenever I try to use any Boris extruded fx I get this message "Critical Error - The card manufacture is not supported" and the effect doesn't work.
All my other effects work, both sony and boris, only boris extruded effects do not work? I tried calling Boris but the phone just rings and rings. Grrr! Ayone have any ideas what to do? Thank you.

One man with courage makes a majority.

Canon 7D
Sony Vegas Pro 11
Adobe CS5.5 Master Suite

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Boris FX BCC7 will not support AMD Firepro V7900
on May 22, 2012 at 9:50:54 pm

Hi,

Definitely sounds like an issue with the graphics card - the filter that you are trying to use is a GPU filter and needs to render on the card, not the CPU so therefore if the card that you are using is incompatible with the filter then it's not going to work. As far as I am aware, and I might be wrong about this, but we have not tested that particular configuration in our labs. Here's a list of the supported video cards, which we have published on our web site (note that more cards than are listed here will work, but these are the cards that we have tested and have proven to work in our labs):

http://www.borisfx.com/Adobe/bccae/Graphics-Cards.php

So ... although the card that you have is not on the supported list, it might work with the right driver - I'm not saying that it will, but rather that it might. It's worth trying to see if updating the driver changes the situation in your favor. Before you update the driver though, make sure to copy the one that you are using so that you can quickly and easily return to this driver if the change fails to help.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Jon Kozenko
on May 22, 2012 at 11:31:59 pm

BCC OFX 7.0 is built so that it expects certain cards/drivers, and the problem you are running into is that your model card is not on this list. If you are willing, you can try BCC OFX 8.0, to see if the same error comes up; BCC OFX 8.0 does not have the same rigid expectations as BCC OFX 7.0, so it's fully possible that the updated version will be free from this problem.

I would recommend downloading the trial version and trying this out in a new project. This way you won't be stuck with projects looking for BCC 8.

Another thing you can try, in meantime, with either BCC 7 or BCC 8 would be some of the other OpenGL effects, such as Lens Flare, Damaged TV and Glare.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Rex Polanis
on May 23, 2012 at 12:55:33 am

I'll download the drivers first and let you know how it goes. Thanks for the quick reply guys!

One man with courage makes a majority.

Canon 7D
Sony Vegas Pro 11
Adobe CS5.5 Master Suite

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]