BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC Effects causing Media Composer error message

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stuart PollockBCC Effects causing Media Composer error message
by on May 14, 2012 at 2:58:24 pm

Hello:
Using Boris FX (BCC AVX 6.0.6)in AVID Media Composer 5.5.3; Windows XP

Suddenly (in the middle of a project), in MEDIA COMPOSER 5.5.3, whenever I place a BCC FX on the time-line I am receiving the following error message: "Exception. A serious error has occurred. It is recommended that you restart the application immediately". Of course, editing is then impossible. Happily, I'm able to do some tasks though, including "Undo", which I perform. The error message then disappears and MC behaves normally again -- no restart seems to be required. Oddly, Boris AVID FX files work fine.

Obviously something wonky has happened to my BCC Effects. Any ideas about how to restore them to use? I have the original installation disc that came with the boxed MC (but 4.0) so a BCC FX uninstall/reinstall is possible. If that's necessary, what's the "safe" proceedure? Thoughts?

Return to posts index

Jon KozenkoRe: BCC Effects causing Media Composer error message
by on May 14, 2012 at 10:15:20 pm

Stuart,

I actually just sent you an email from Boris FX Technical Support. If you have not yet received this email, let me know. Primarily I recommend an Uninstall/Reinstall/update, but there are a few additional things I go into detail with.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Stuart PollockRe: BCC Effects causing Media Composer error message
by on Jul 24, 2012 at 1:49:49 am

It has been two months --- no solution. A Boris tech-support "agent" directed me to download/install the latest version....then when that didn't resolve the issue, he passed me off to another department(which I've not heard from). Any ideas what to do?

Regards,
Stuart

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]