BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC8 After Effects - Lock ups with Lens Flares, Glare, GLint, Broken TV etc - opengl Prob?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt ClarkBCC8 After Effects - Lock ups with Lens Flares, Glare, GLint, Broken TV etc - opengl Prob?
by on May 11, 2012 at 8:48:56 am

I'm using BCC 8 on After Effects CS5 and CS6 and have just started getting the same problem on both:
When applying several effects such as Lens Flares (both legacy and new 3D), Glare, Glint, Broken TV etc After Effects just locks up, and control is never returned (left it for 15 minutes and gave up).
During this time one of my CPU cores is maxed out on After Effects.

Most of the BCC plugins work fine, I expect these ones are OpenGL and are using GPU, but can't be sure of that.

Oddly everything was working fine a few days back, and I can't work out what has changed to cause this.

I'm using a GTX 590, with the latest drivers from Nvidia. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and that didn't help, and then I tried this: http://www.overclock.net/t/1150443/how-to-remove-your-nvidia-gpu-drivers to completely remove all trace of the drivers and reinstalled them. This time, the aforementioned plugins worked fine... for a while, then a few hours later, they're back to the locking up.

I'm really out of ideas, any help?

Return to posts index

Boris YamnitskyRe: BCC8 After Effects - Lock ups with Lens Flares, Glare, GLint, Broken TV etc - opengl Prob?
by on May 11, 2012 at 12:41:22 pm

Matt, we'll investigate your problem right away. One of our support people will contact you shortly. Thanks for reporting.

Boris Yamnitsky
BorisFX

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]