BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Cumbersome License & Registration Process

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Grote, Jr.Cumbersome License & Registration Process
by on May 7, 2012 at 9:58:23 pm

Am I the only one that thinks that the Process of Buying and then waiting for that code and then having to have another code is quite cumbersome? And of course I sent my request after 5pm for the code so guess who is stuck waiting to have a code emailed to me? You got it!!!

Cheers,

John

J. Grote, Jr.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Cumbersome License & Registration Process
by on May 8, 2012 at 4:34:29 pm

Hi John,

While you are waiting for a license code, you should be able to run the software without watermark for 14 days from the date of install. Post the 14 day mark, you should still be able to use the software, albeit it will render a watermark at the bottom of the screen until you enter the license.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

John Grote, Jr.Re: Cumbersome License & Registration Process
by on May 8, 2012 at 4:52:19 pm

My point is that I don't have to go through these hoops with Red Giant or a lot of the other plugin makers. When I pay my money I get the codes/serial numbers in an email and I don't have to take two extra steps to have the software work.

J. Grote, Jr.

Return to posts index

by on May 8, 2012 at 5:18:55 pm

Hi John,

I'm sorry you felt that you needed to jump through hoops in order to license the software you purchased. For the record, we rarely have a complaint about our licensing process and in fact, for customers who purchase a new product (not upgrade customers) the process is 100 percent automated and takes about 60 seconds to complete. For upgrade customers, we first need to verify that the customer is registered as a user and therefore qualifies for the upgrade before we can issue a license code for the software. Once verified, the process is completed in less than a minute ... it's the verification that takes time. And for most of these requests, we handle them immediately, even (whenever possible) outside of normal business hours. Sometimes there is a delay and you happened to fall into one of those times ... I'd like to apologize on behalf of the company for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you for taking the time to write about this so that we know how it affects you. We appreciate your business and are constantly working on streamlining the order and licensing process.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Kirk PittsRe: Cumbersome License & Registration Process
by on May 9, 2012 at 12:02:20 am

I don't want to diminish the frustration by the op, I too had to wait overnight for a code but I appreciate the personal touch I've received when purchasing or upgrading Boris software. In particular, Mr. Barg has extremely responsive and helpful.

Return to posts index

steve knattressRe: Cumbersome License & Registration Process
by on May 27, 2012 at 12:09:36 pm

The problem I had was after purchasing the continuum boxed set, each application has to be downloaded and authorised separately. They all have very similar names!

As I have CS6 ( and CS5.5) , Avid MC6 , fcp7 and fcX on my machine, knowing what to install or upgrade was and still is a big problem.

a login into my web account don't even show my continuum product or the sub products I get with it.

Could not there be an application to scan the boris installed and then update download accordingly to latest versions. ( as there is for adobe)

Is there a chart any where boris download/ upgrade for each, dates would help.
I have a boris folder in applications with may boris "sets" in separate folders, it would be good to know what I need and what is old!

Steve

Return to posts index

by on May 29, 2012 at 2:02:21 pm

Hi Steve,

Although no such mechanism currently exists (to my knowledge) on our site, I'll put forward your request - I think it's a great idea and would be very useful to all users of our software.

Thanks for mentioning this.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Kirk PittsRe: Cumbersome License & Registration Process
by on May 31, 2012 at 3:28:17 pm

I own music plugins from a company called IkMultimedia. They recently moved to a "authorization manager" software that authorizes all of their separate plugins. You simply paste or type in the serials and it authorizes all the software on the computer. Works very well. It might be something to look at.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]