BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

How good is Boris Graffitti?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Rhoden
How good is Boris Graffitti?
on Apr 10, 2012 at 12:18:15 am

Just want some input as to how good and beneficial
is Boris Graffitti 6 working for any of you.

Steve Rhoden
(Cow Leader)
Film Editor & Compositor.
Filmex Creative Media.
1-876-832-4956

Return to posts index

John Pugnale
Re: How good is Boris Graffitti?
on Apr 25, 2012 at 6:53:20 pm

Steve,
That's a very good question. I'd like someone to chime in too. Ihave been a Graffiti(and FX) user for about 9 years. Started on the MAC with Video100. Now using Vegas v9 and v11 (skipped 10). I am intrigued with the 64-bit support so I am ready to give up my cc to upgrade to Graffiti 6 so I acan run on my "new" Vegas 11/Windows 7 machine. Presently using Vista/Vegas9 32-bit, then I swithc to V11 64-bit after I have rendered and replaced all of the grf's with rendered avis. BTW, I have been having good success with Vegas 11 64-bit. I don't seem to have the GPU problems others have. Vegas 11 64-bit performs for me.

As for Graffiti, despite the many years< i would not term myselff a power user. That noted, I have found it easier to use, more powerful, and more robust than any other titler. New Blue and the built in Vegas 11 titlers puzzle me sometimes. Graffiti also has some really nice built-in Text styles that I can't duplicate with the other titlers.

So, I am ready to upgrade. What stops me? Well, the $199. Actually, it the $699 for Boris RED. Or, the NAB special of $995 for the boxed set. The boxed set deal is sooo tempting, but I just don't have customers that pay for those features. Same issue is true for RED $. I am so close to just upgrading Graffiti and living without the Boris FX features on my 64bit Vegas 11 station.

Soory, I didn't answer your Graffiti 6 question, but thought I would stir the pot anyway since no one else chimed in.

John

John Pugnale
MVP Video Creations, Inc.

Return to posts index

John Pugnale
Re: How good is Boris Graffitti?
on May 1, 2012 at 3:46:10 pm

Called Boris, got a good deal on a crossgrade to Boris RED from Grafitti 5. Spent yesterday moving a bunch of Vegas veg files with Grafitti plug-in over to Proudction Assistant 2 templates with the RED plugin where the Grafitti text was. All went well (I think). I will know more as I start usign the templates and RED.

John Pugnale
MVP Video Creations, Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]