BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Colour picker still broke in RED 5.1.3.557?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jaeson Koszarsky
Colour picker still broke in RED 5.1.3.557?
on Mar 29, 2012 at 7:50:27 pm

Just downloaded the latest RED for use with Media100Suite2.1 and it seems that the colour picker is still broke. This has been a bit of a nuisance on many projects.

Jaeson

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Colour picker still broke in RED 5.1.3.557?
on Mar 30, 2012 at 12:14:35 pm

Hi Jaeson,

Thanks for letting us know ... I'll ask engineering to see what they can do to elevate the status of this issue.

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Mar 30, 2012 at 12:40:27 pm

Hi Jaeson,

We just checked that in our labs and it's operating as expected. Can you please generate a short screen-capture clip showing us the steps that you are taking and how it is not working for you. This will help us to see what you are seeing and understand better the problem on your system.

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Jaeson Koszarsky
on Mar 30, 2012 at 1:22:48 pm

FWIW, I downloaded the 64bit version too. Colour picker works in the 64bit version but not the 32bit version that I need for use with the Media100 Suite2.1.

The 32bit version also still exhibits problems with still image aspect ratios. My default is square pixels on import. Usually looks fine in RED but it squashes horizontally when jumping back to Media100 to render. Jumping back in/out of RED sometimes fixes it or flipping the aspect ratio settings for the image around. Sometimes it works fine the first time out of the gate.

I'll grab a screen shot today. I tried using the tritone filter yesterday. Select the colour picker, hover over the colour I want in the monitor window but it just cycles through random colours, as in earlier versions.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Mar 30, 2012 at 3:43:08 pm

Hi Jaeson,

We've reproduced the issue on our systems and are going to fix it for you. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Jaeson Koszarsky
on Mar 30, 2012 at 3:48:17 pm

Ok. I used Apple's GRAB utility to get some screen snapshots. I added a comp clip to the M100 timeline. Jumped into RED 5.1.3.577 and added one MOV track. I tried the colour picker with TRITONE, LINEAR COLOUR KEY and BRICK. All yielded the same random results.

Note: The GRAB utility shows an arrow pointer when it does the capture rather than the eye-dropper pointer that RED actually displays. I also closed the EYE on the filter track so I could sample the unaltered background.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]