BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

BCC 8 - Pixel Chooser for Lens Flare, LF Advanced & LF 3D (Sony Vegas)

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert St-Onge
BCC 8 - Pixel Chooser for Lens Flare, LF Advanced & LF 3D (Sony Vegas)
on Mar 28, 2012 at 9:03:42 pm

Just bought the BCC 8 upgrade for Sony Vegas and I am very satisfied with it after running the trial.

Only, one thing I wish you would come up with in a soon to be realeased update:

Please include the Pixel Chooser on the Lens Flare, Lens Flare Advanced and Lens Flare 3D.

The Lens Flares in BCC8 are really great but not having the Pixel Chooser just limits the creative possibilities you can have with these 3 filters.

I was kind of expecting them since Dirk de Jong did mention on an older thread (Nov 8, 2010) that they would make it to BCC8.

Please include it on the next update!

It would be very much appreciated,

Thanks!

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: BCC 8 - Pixel Chooser for Lens Flare, LF Advanced & LF 3D (Sony Vegas)
on Mar 29, 2012 at 5:20:29 pm

Hi Robert,

I'll add this suggestion as a feature request. I'm assuming that your goal was to use the matte function in the pixelchooser to hold back the flare from areas in the image ... is this correct? If so, you might want to try the obscuration map feature in the Lens Flare 3D. You can set this up to hold back the lens flare so that when the LF passes over rigid objects in the scene the lens flare will be obscured by the foreground object.

I hope this helps.

Peter.

Return to posts index

Robert St-Onge
Re: BCC 8 - Pixel Chooser for Lens Flare, LF Advanced & LF 3D (Sony Vegas)
on Mar 29, 2012 at 6:20:14 pm

Hi Peter,
Several days ago, I did try out the Lens Flare 3D with Obscuration, very nice BTW, but unfortunately it doesn't solve my problem.

I basically want to add the lens flare on text and various shapes and have control over the spill of my flares and the Pixel Chooser/PC Matte would of been the perfect tool for this IMO.

I can still do it a the track level in Vegas, but it doesn't give me as much freedom and flexibility as the Pixel Chooser would.

Not knowing how much work that involves on your side, if you could at least include PC with the Lens Flare Advanced plugin, that would be a great!

Thanks for helping

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]