BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Major exporting problems from Boris Soundbite back to FCP

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leticia Agudo
Major exporting problems from Boris Soundbite back to FCP
on Mar 23, 2012 at 10:37:01 am

I'm editing a feature doc and was excited to see how easy and helpful this software was to use and I downloaded the trial version yesterday. However I'm having major problems communicating BACK with FCP once the files have been found and marked.

My system and project specifications:

FCP 6.0.6 on Mac Pro with Mac OS X 10.7.3

Project: Files: Apple Pro Res 422 (standard) movs. converted from two different types of HD, Wav files & HDV 108050i files

Soundbite doesn't have a problem indexing from two different hardrives, except that I can't choose where to save the XML file it creates, it just dumps it on the desktop.

IT DOES NOT, however, export markers to my existing files or export new files back to the FCP project.

The User guide reference to this known issue: "... projects containing XML Export or Import errors that have successfully been added to Soundbite can subsequently crash when Soundbite attempts to export clips into them... If you encounter problems with a particular project either "adding to" or "exporting to", make sure it can be exported an/or imported via XML from within Final Cut Pro"

So, I exported markers, creating an XML file in the desktop, and I imported them from FCP, new problems:

-the files disappeared from the project and then, when importing them as XMLs, appeared outside of their bins (I have a lot of footage and it all had the original HD names to aid syncing back to full HD afterwards)

-Some of them have markers and some don't.

-The wav files don't always correspond with the ones marked in Soundbite.

Any help or advise much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Derek Shields
Re: Major exporting problems from Boris Soundbite back to FCP
on Mar 20, 2013 at 7:59:40 pm

I am having issues as well, just not similar to yours. Soundbite crashes whenever I try to import an FCPX project. It scans my drives with no problems but without being able to import a project file I cant export anyting from Soundbite.

The program is not entirely useless while having this bug as I can make a note of timecode and go over to the event list to find the file, etc but certainly not worth the $300 if it only partially works. Glad I opted to not buy it yet.

Return to posts index

Boris Yamnitsky
on Mar 21, 2013 at 1:26:24 pm

Derek, thanks for reporting. Our support will be in contact with you shortly. The original post, I believe, referred to FCP7 integration and I think it is solved in subsequent updates. FCPX integration is new to version 2.1.

We may need a sample of your FCPX project to replicate the problem.

Boris Yamnitsky
BorisFX

Return to posts index

Derek Shields
on May 2, 2013 at 7:34:53 am

Re-installed and all exporting issues fixed. Haven't had a chance to use Soundbite extensively until this week.

One project (1700 clips across 12TB) and it's working pretty well. Only hiccups is with poorly captured audio or people who are hard to understand even face to face.

I do rescind a previous comment - Soundbite is well worth the money.

Received excellent customer support directly through their website and got a phone call from Boston the next morning willing to help me out. What software company does that???

No major issues now...

Return to posts index

dorit grunberger
on Sep 12, 2013 at 2:19:11 am

Hi Boris

Would love to chat as well. I tried to create in/out points within Soundbite and thought I could import this new clip back to FCP 7, but I am getting xml files on my desktop that I don't know what to do with.

Thanks in advance,
Dorit

Return to posts index

Leticia Agudo
on Mar 21, 2013 at 1:51:09 pm

Thanks Derek from reporting on this and brining some attention to my 1 year old -and very detailed- post, which never got a response from Boris Yamnitsky!

Leticia Agudo

Leticia Agudo

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]