BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Does both Boris red and continuum complete needed in one Host?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Rhoden
Does both Boris red and continuum complete needed in one Host?
on Mar 19, 2012 at 1:41:14 am

Does both Boris red and continuum complete
needed in one editing Host?...just some feedback...

Steve Rhoden
(Cow Leader)
Film Editor & Compositor.
Filmex Creative Media.
1-876-832-4956

Return to posts index

Theo van Laar
Re: Does both Boris red and continuum complete needed in one Host?
on Mar 19, 2012 at 4:41:44 pm

Boris RED contains nearly all the filters from BCC. The big difference is that RED opens in its own interface and BCC opens in the Vegas interface. So it depends what you like most. But ofcourse RED has more functionality then just BCC filters...

Theo

Return to posts index

Paul James Chatman
Re: Does both Boris red and continuum complete needed in one Host?
on Mar 27, 2012 at 1:44:34 am

I think it's great having both. If you setup RED as a Template interface with the Library browser, then in this way you won't leave the NLE, so to speak. I'm editing a project right now that's using them both. With BCC I can add 3D text from within the NLE (as you may already know); but RED allows you to use the Text Styles Library Browser that's not offered in BCC, and then change them to 3D extruded text. Pluuuus, a bunch of other stuff.

I wish BCC transitions were as varied as RED, but then why RED has so many if you don't want to create your own from the few that BCC has. Plus, using the RED timeline for creating custom effects with the redundant filters/effects is easier then using the built-in timeline in Vegas Pro. I actually like that flexibility, cause you can't save animation/key frame data from the NLE timeline into a separate BCC or RED filter/effect and edit it later in RED.

It would be great if I could use BLUE as a plugin, too, for Vegas Pro.

hello

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]