BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Wire Removal and Tracking (Vegas)

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Mann
Wire Removal and Tracking (Vegas)
on Mar 12, 2012 at 3:18:15 am

Wire removal is working great for removing a spot on the wall. I have one clip where the camera pans to follow the instructor, and since the pans were pretty smooth, manual keyframing was not too tedious. But, I have a few more clips that the camera moved, so rather than keyframing, I decided it was time to learn another feature of BCC7 - tracking.

Here's what I figured out. I set the two tracking windows to apply to the top and bottom of the line, and since the spot was rather large I keyed on the corners and offset the X and Y to draw the preview directly over the center of the spot. I then do the RAM preview and get a real nice tracking. The camera wasn't as smooth as I thought.

Here's the problem. and my question...

The spot pans off-camera and the tracking goes wild. I am guessing that I should end my preview region as the spot pans off screen. But, the camera pans the other way and the spot returns. So, how do I resume tracking when the spot pans back into the image? When I try to set the new region to resume tracking, I get the message to go back to the last good tracked frame.

Any tips would be appreciated,
Thanks

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video
http://www.mmdv.com

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Wire Removal and Tracking (Vegas)
on Mar 12, 2012 at 12:38:46 pm

Hi Steve,

In order to do this, you'll need to keyframe the target parameter so that it "finds" the region that you were tracking as it returns into the frame.

Or you can split the clip where the object that you are tracking leaves the frame, and again when it returns into the frame, applying separate instances of the filter to each section of the clip.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Stephen Mann
Re: Wire Removal and Tracking (Vegas)
on Mar 12, 2012 at 12:59:53 pm

Thanks. Splitting a new event looks like the best solution here.

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video
http://www.mmdv.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]