BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Vegas 11 / RED 5 crashes when autosaving

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert St-OngeVegas 11 / RED 5 crashes when autosaving
by on Mar 7, 2012 at 9:37:21 pm

Still evaluating an expired Red 5 demo and was wondering if this is a known bug new to Vegas 11 build 595. Haven't had this problem on the previous build.

I constantly get a crash within 5 to 15 minutes timespan which is triggered when Vegas autosaves while inside RED 5. Vegas always hits the 33% saving mark and stalls.

The .veg files gets renamed to .veg.tmp which I need to rename to .veg and then restart Vegas. I can basically trigger Red 5, do a one or two adjustments, let it sit there and then it will eventually crash on autosave.

Mind you that I am also using Vegasaur autosave feature as well. Just before I go digging into settings, I just wanted to know if this is a known issue.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Robert St-OngeRe: Vegas 11 / RED 5 crashes when autosaving
by on Mar 8, 2012 at 4:08:52 am

I should also add that RED 5 does not always crash but it will not allow you to apply or cancel your compositing.

So basically you are composting in RED and then suddently CTRL Z doesn't work anymore on the keyboard (but works under EDIT) and you then notice that Vegas did autosave to 33% and therefore you need to kill Vegas along with RED 5 since it will never complete it's save.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Vegas 11 / RED 5 crashes when autosaving
by on Mar 8, 2012 at 2:14:13 pm

Hi Robert,

We'll investigate to see if we can reproduce the problem in our labs and if so we'll talk with Sony to determine whether it's a problem on our end and something that we can fix or if it's something that must be fixed in the host.

Thanks!

Peter.

Return to posts index

Jeremy EllisRe: Vegas 11 / RED 5 crashes when autosaving
by on Mar 8, 2012 at 5:28:27 pm

Hello Robert,

Could we please get a copy of your Sony Vegas project file. You can send that directly to me at jeremye@borisfx.com

Thank You
Jeremy
Boris Support

Return to posts index

Robert St-OngeRe: Vegas 11 / RED 5 crashes when autosaving
by on Mar 8, 2012 at 6:11:23 pm

File is sent,

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]