Can anyone tell me how to tint a layer using a color dipper?
What I have done is duplicated my video layer. Used BCC Two Way Key to isolate the highlights on the top video layer. Now I want to tint these isolated highlights with a nearby color, so they no longer will be highlights. That's why I want to use a color dipper.
Is it possible?
If you just want to adjust the highlights, then you can do this without having to use a separate keyer to isolate the highlights from the rest of the image. The color grade / correction filters that are included in RED 5 have a feature called a PixelChooser that performs this task for you.
• Apply the desired color treatment filter to the clip (perhaps BCC Tritone)
• Set up the color treatment (probably just adjust the White Color value)
• Go to the Matte tab in the control panel
• Set the PixelChooser to View Chosen Pixels
• Set the Channel to Luma
• Tweak the settings (most likely the Black Level) until you are only affecting the highlights in the image
• Set the PixelChooser to On
• View the result - tweak as necessary