BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

RED 5 Keyframe Libraries - Lost (a lot of) Presets from RED 4???...

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Davide Barducci
RED 5 Keyframe Libraries - Lost (a lot of) Presets from RED 4???...
on Feb 28, 2012 at 9:53:35 pm

Hi
I believed that RED5 they I purchased had, at minimum, all presets contained in Red 4.
Unfortunately, I find in Keyframe Library far fewer transition presets, like Ripple, Particle, Wave, Organic dissolves, etc ... where are these?
I hope that I have a chance to put them back ...
Can you help me???
Thank You Very Much
DB

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: RED 5 Keyframe Libraries - Lost (a lot of) Presets from RED 4???...
on Feb 29, 2012 at 2:05:06 pm

Hi Davide,

While it's true that some of the presets from the Library Browser were not carried over from RED 4 into RED 5, I think you'll find that most of them are included. And if there is one in particular that you are missing and you have RED 4 installed you can always point RED 5 to the RED 4 Preset Library and simply load that one up. If you don't have RED 4 but would like to have a particular setting from that library, please contact us and we'll make it available to you.

The reason that some of the old presets in the Library Browser were left out is that they relied too heavily on obsolete filters.

Many new and exciting presets were added to RED 5 to balance out the ones that we left out. The Designer Transitions category is a good example of this. Have you tried any of those yet?

I'll look into the possibility of adding the complete RED 4 Library up on our web site in a place where all users can download the legacy library browser settings.

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Davide Barducci
on Feb 29, 2012 at 11:10:47 pm

Hi Peter
Than kyou veri Much for your answer.
It's very very good write a post here,because I know there will be always an answer...
So, i tried to copy RED 4 Keyframe Library in to KF Library folder under BorisFX (Library>Application Suports>BorisFX) and it works!
I had thinked that RED 4 does not work in 64 bit environment... but now I see that presets works and only the "engine" was modified...
So i'm happy, also for all projects started with old configuration and to find my favourites effects/transitions...
And yes, I seen there is new good and professional-look transitions in RED 5.1, but also if simples, i like various effect/transitions in RED 4, and a lot of these are lost in 5.1 (ripples, waves, filter-mix, and so ).
I think you have a good idea to adding the RED4 library up on your WEB Site for users download. If there are other as me they will be happy ;-)...
Thank you very much
Best Regards
DB

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Mar 4, 2012 at 5:27:41 pm

Hi Davide,

Glad that worked out for you. We've made the RED 5 Keyframe Library available for download from our website at this link:

http://www.borisfx.com/updates/

Just click on Boris RED when you reach the page and you'll see the link to the RED 4 Library.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Davide Barducci
on Mar 4, 2012 at 10:16:08 pm

Thank you very much again!
I hope this is a good idea also for other users.

Now I have to try to re-post to Boris FX support (difficulty to answer me through offical Website support form.....) two new issues about transitions application:
1) If we apply a transition in "template Mode" the shadows brightness is increased (so is impossible to use template mode)
2) If we apply some transition, as blur dissolves or similar, to an image with black background, alpha channel transparency is always applied...
This also if i use a flat "monoLayer" .JPG image and also if I set "no alpha" interpreter for source clip, both in RED general preferences and Project Settings...

Best regards
DB

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]