BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

RED 5 keyframe behaviour & mouse gestures

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jaeson Koszarsky
RED 5 keyframe behaviour & mouse gestures
on Feb 27, 2012 at 7:18:17 pm

I'm working with RED5 & Media100 Suite2.1 on a MacPro with OSX 10.7.2 and 12GB RAM.

Since upgrading to the new system, I've notice an odd behaviour with RED5 and keyframes. Frequently enough to be frustrating, when I'm altering the keyframe on a lower layer, RED5 will apply the changes to the selected layer and also the layer above it. RED5 is behaving like multiple layers are selected but only a single layer is select.

Undo does not always return the settings to their former state. It may correctly undo the selected layer, but not the non-selected layer above it that was also changed.

It seems to occur more frequently with mouse swipes/gestures. Is there a way to adjust RED5's sensitivity to gestures?

Return to posts index

Boris Yamnitsky
Re: RED 5 keyframe behaviour & mouse gestures
on Feb 27, 2012 at 8:35:32 pm

Jaeson,

To reproduce your problem I need more info. Perhaps your project or a screencap would help. Feel free to email me directly boris@borisfx.com

Boris Yamnitsky
BorisFX

Return to posts index

Jaeson Koszarsky
Re: RED 5 keyframe behaviour & mouse gestures
on Feb 27, 2012 at 9:12:04 pm

It is somewhat intermittent but it might be linked to duplicating layers or have greater frequency of occurrence. Usually related to a mouse gesture, purposeful or accidental. When it happens, I think it's always affecting the layer above the one I'm adjusting. The strange state will go away if I exit RED and re-launch it.

I'll see if I can come up with something reproducable.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]