BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

RED 5.1.1 and Vegas Pro 11 Problems

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stefan ScheideggerRED 5.1.1 and Vegas Pro 11 Problems
by on Feb 17, 2012 at 2:11:26 pm

Hi all

I just installed and tested Boris RED 5.1.1 as a plug-in for Sony Vegas Pro 11. I was very happy to find that the problem with the green V1 footage showing some times instead of the actual footage has been solved! (See )

However, the Vegas project resolution is still not recognized correctly, which results spot corrections in RED to be in the wrong place in Vegas. My Vegas project settings and footage and everything is set to 720x576 PAL-DV with 1.0926 pixel aspect ratio. However, RED shows in its project settings a custom size of 786x576 with PAR 1.09 and it cannot be changed!
Any suggestions on how to handle this? I thought Boris would take care of this problem in the new release...

Slowly, slowly it seems that RED and Vegas could be used together. I bought my RED license about 1.5 years ago when RED 5 had been announced. It took some time, but RED (and Vegas) have evolved a lot since then.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: RED 5.1.1 and Vegas Pro 11 Problems
by on Feb 17, 2012 at 2:42:33 pm

Hi Stefan,

We're going to release an update that will solve this problem - you'll be able to enter in any value that you want to project settings, regardless of the project that you're working in. This free update for RED 5 users should be made available quite soon - sometime over the next couple of weeks if all goes according to schedule.

Return to posts index

Stefan ScheideggerRe: RED 5.1.1 and Vegas Pro 11 Problems
by on Feb 20, 2012 at 7:51:27 am

Hi Peter,

Thanks a lot for the information. Looking forward to it!

Return to posts index

Steve RhodenRe: RED 5.1.1 and Vegas Pro 11 Problems
by on Mar 4, 2012 at 2:59:42 am

Yes indeed, Boris integration into Vegas has really come
a long way. I remember a few years ago when i had major
issues trying to use Boris products, which resulted in me
having nothing to do with anything relating to BorisFX.
But all that has changed, and i now have both Continuum
Complete and Red running smoothly in Vegas.

Steve Rhoden
(Cow Leader)
Film Editor & Compositor.
Filmex Creative Media.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved