BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

After Effects to Red - at my studio

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Quincy BarkerAfter Effects to Red - at my studio
by on Feb 15, 2012 at 6:26:26 pm

This past year, my studio has started using Red on a daily basis, often more than After Effects, which has always been our vfx tool of choice.

Due to its plugin architecture, we enjoy being able to make our composites directly within our Avid sequences, especially when utilizing chroma keying with on-camera talent. Red certainly lacks the vast feature set of After Effects, but it makes up for that with the reasons I just mentioned and the sheer usability of what it does offer.

We will certainly use After Effects, but lately it's been Red - probably 90% of the time. There are some annoying UI bugs and the update to the 64bit AVX version has taken too long, but at the end of the day it's paid for itself many times over.

We also use BCC8, and are looking forward to the new features, but working within Red's compositing interface beats the pants off using Avid's keyframing. Hopefully the new features in BCC8 will eventually make it into Red 6?

Keep up the great work and please keep supporting this this point I'm not sure what we'd do without it. We really need the 64bit AVX version. Some of our sequences are stuck - no updates can be made until this happens.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: After Effects to Red - at my studio
by on Feb 16, 2012 at 12:23:39 am

Hi Quincy,

Can you please contact me privately via email at ... I have something that I want to run by you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved