BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCS Chroma Key Studio in FCP 7.0.3 - keyed image disappears after changes made to other tracks

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Maxwell Federman
BCS Chroma Key Studio in FCP 7.0.3 - keyed image disappears after changes made to other tracks
on Feb 15, 2012 at 5:22:12 pm

its not super-easy to describe but here goes:

I have a big FCP project with a lot of chroma key footage. The BCS Chroma Key Studio is a great tool and does a great job--

--the problem is that once a sequence is rendered, any changes to that sequence (for instance, to change the size of a Title 3D graphic) results in the keyed image disappearing. At that point all I can do is delete the filter, re-render with the green, and then key it over again.

Naturally this is no way to live. But the bundled keyer in FCP 7 is pretty much a joke, and I need the crop feature in the BCS Chroma Key filter on a handful of shots, so I hope there's a solution.

I have tried deleting both the FCP and Boris RED preference files.

Any other ideas would be a HUGE help and I'd owe you personally!

Maxwell Federman
Owner

Capitol City Media
Austin, TX USA

http://www.capitolcitymedia.com

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: BCS Chroma Key Studio in FCP 7.0.3 - keyed image disappears after changes made to other tracks
on Feb 15, 2012 at 5:54:04 pm

Hi Max,

All I can suggest is that you reach out to one of our support guys as this issue that you describe isn't something that I've heard about or encountered personally. You can reach them via email at support@borisfx.com.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Dennis Kutchera
Re: BCS Chroma Key Studio in FCP 7.0.3 - keyed image disappears after changes made to other tracks
on Feb 15, 2012 at 9:39:13 pm

No one responds at support@borisfx.com. Two days and counting for me.

Dennis

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Feb 15, 2012 at 9:48:22 pm

Hi Dennis,

I'm very surprised to hear that and sorry that you've had that experience. I'll bet that your mail is being flagged as spam or something and not making it through our firewall.

Can you please try calling us (toll free) at 888.772.6747.

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Boris Yamnitsky
on Feb 15, 2012 at 8:28:57 pm

I'm at loss for explanation here. Please contact our support folks. They should be able to figure out what's going on. I trust that you are on 10.6 OS.

888-77-BORIS

Boris Yamnitsky
BorisFX

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]