BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Would AE BCC7 FX read my MC 5.5 BCC7 FX?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Powell
Would AE BCC7 FX read my MC 5.5 BCC7 FX?
on Feb 12, 2012 at 1:03:02 am

Here's the scenario, I have a project with bcc7 filters in MC 5.5 I'm upgrade to MC 6 and don't have bcc8, but I do have bcc7 in After Effects. If I sent my MC 6 timeline to AE and rendered from from would it see the filter that were included in 5.5 even if they don't show up in MC 6?

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Would AE BCC7 FX read my MC 5.5 BCC7 FX?
on Feb 13, 2012 at 2:49:25 pm

Hi,

If you have our Transfer product (Boris Transfer AE) installed then you can transfer the project from MC 5.5 into After Effects and the BCC 7 filters should appear as expected and remain fully editable.

You can then render the sequence in AE to finish the project.

BCC 8 is available for Avid MC 6 and will also read the BCC 7 effects that you have in your timeline ... just another option that I thought I'd mention.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

David Powell
on Feb 13, 2012 at 5:44:40 pm

Thanks Peter. I do have boris transfer currently is why I asked. Does the AFF read from Avid Media file folder or are new files created during the transfer? I plan on purchasing the BCC8 upgrade soon as well for MC 6.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Feb 13, 2012 at 7:02:54 pm

Hi David,

The Transfer AE product links directly to the original AAF files.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Sol Fischler
on Aug 23, 2013 at 2:35:36 pm

Hi --

Just seeing this now -- forgive me if my question isn't totally apropos --

I have MC 5.5. I'm considering buying the Avid Production Suite that contains BCC AVX 7, Sorenson 6, etc. Older software, I know, but I think it was the latest for 5.5...

My question is: if I upgrade to MC 6, will all this software (specifically BCC7) be unusable?

Thanks!

-- Sol

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Aug 23, 2013 at 3:21:01 pm

Hi Sol,

Avid MC 5.5 is a 32 bit host, while Avid MC 6 is a 64 bit host. BCC AVX 7 plug-ins are 32 bit, while BCC 8 plug-ins are 64 bit. 32 bit plug-ins cannot be used in a 64 bit host, therefore BCC AVX 7 cannot be used in MC 6. If you already own BCC 7 then you can purchase an upgrade to BCC 8 - you might want to contact someone from our sales group to help you with that. You can reach them via email at sales@borisfx.com or by phone at 888.772.6747 or 617.451.9900.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Sol Fischler
on Aug 23, 2013 at 4:09:40 pm

Great -- thanks for the info Peter!

-- Sol

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]