BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

BCC8 AVX New Features - When???

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Quincy Barker
BCC8 AVX New Features - When???
on Feb 9, 2012 at 3:04:30 pm

Lens Flare 3D, Stage Light, Particle Emitter 3D, Organic Strands, Wild Cards...

Been waiting on these impressive new features to arrive in BCC8 AVX. Right now it's basically BCC7 with a beat reactor and vectorscope.

Any idea when we'll get the good stuff?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: BCC8 AVX New Features - When???
on Feb 9, 2012 at 4:45:17 pm

Hi Quincy,

Good to hear that you're gnawing at the bit there. :)

Let's not forget that BCC AVX 8 also includes the new BCC Film Glow filter - definitely a big improvement on the previous BCC Glow filter that was included with BCC 7. And we have the new easier to use filter categories, which should speed your workflow and save you time.

We expect to have available very shortly a free update for BCC 8 AVX users that will include the BCC Lens Flare 3D and the BCC Stage Light filters. The other filters that you listed are in the pipeline and should make their debut as an AVX product soon, again, as a free update for existing users.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Quincy Barker
on Feb 9, 2012 at 5:01:25 pm

Peter,

Yes, indeed, the film glow filter is pretty sweet (especially when tamed down from the default preset!)

That's great news about Stage Light and Lens Flare 3D. Those are the most interesting to my studio at this point.

You know what would make Red users really happy (aside from the 64bit AVX version)? Throw the vectorscope from BCC8 into it! Well, there's always wishing...

Thanks for all the great products - my studio uses them every day of the week.

Return to posts index

Quincy Barker
on Feb 9, 2012 at 5:16:15 pm

...IMO, adding the vectorscope alone would be enough to make Red 5 users feel like their investment was worthwhile after the AvidFX6 update.

Still, 64bit RED 5 AVX is the most important update, or an update to AvidFX 6 to read Red plugs within the timeline. Unfortunately, we don't have external backup projects for every instance of RED 5 used on MC sequences. These, for now, are uneditable.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Feb 9, 2012 at 5:31:04 pm

Hey Quincy,

Actually the update for BCC AVX 8 (BCC AVX 8.0.2) with the Lens Flare 3D and the Stagelight filters is now live on our website so please feel free to grab it and install.

I totally hear what you are saying regarding the scopes and RED - it would indeed be a good combo and I'm sure that it will happen, it's just a matter of time. The 64 bit AVX version of RED is in the works and will be available sooner rather than later but I can't say exactly when that sooner will be. :)

I'm really happy to hear that you get to much good use out of our products - thank you for being a great customer. We are always interested in your feedback either publicly via this and the many other user driven forums or directly to me in private via email at peterm@borisfx.com

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]