BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Setting the Source Layer in BCC for Vegas

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Houghtaling
Setting the Source Layer in BCC for Vegas
on Jan 23, 2012 at 2:47:16 am

Reading the help file for the Optical Flow filter you'll see it suggests adding an empty video event (of course they're not using Vegas language here, instead using terms like Solid or Slug) and applying the FX to the empty event then assigning it to a source layer. Problem is I can't figure out how to assign the clip I want to slow down as the source layer for the empty clip...if that makes any sense. Anyone got a clue what the workflow here is? or does this aproach only work in AE or Final Cut? Would be nice to have a Vegas-specific help file or at least acknowledge we exist though our numbers may be small... :(

Thanks and sorry for the minor rant.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Setting the Source Layer in BCC for Vegas
on Jan 23, 2012 at 3:06:05 pm

Hi,

The help file that you are seeing is dated and should have been updated for that host. Sorry about that. Thanks for letting us know about the problem - we'll fix it for the next release.

To use the BCC Optical Flow filter in Vegas, simply apply it to the source clip in the timeline and modify the filter parameters just as you would any other filter to achieve the desired result.

I hope this helps.

Peter.

Return to posts index

James Houghtaling
on Jan 24, 2012 at 4:12:59 am

Thanks Peter. When I first tried Optical Flow I did just that and realized I needed to drag out my event to match the longer video once it was slowed down. I just thought the empty event approach might work better especially when you've got pan/crop on the original event...though it doesn't seem to get messed up for some reason.

And I hope you didn't think I was razzing anyone with the manual update comments - I realize these things are written for many hosts and I'm used to interpreting things into my own tongue. :)

Return to posts index

Mike Hinkel
on Jan 23, 2012 at 9:13:59 pm

Would be nice to have a Vegas-specific help file or at least acknowledge we exist though our numbers may be small... :(

I agree. I am still waiting for a fix to the Optical Stabilizer. It has been months!!!

Return to posts index

James Houghtaling
on Jan 24, 2012 at 4:09:29 am

When I last spoke with the Boris guys I was told the fix is in V8 which I'm looking forward to in "a couple months." In developer's time that could mean something else. :) I'll wait if that means it works cause Vegas V11 stabilizer is useless - you loose a quarter of your screen and it looks no different.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]