BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

QT Export on RED 375 frames PAL (15 Seconds) produces a 6 second clip - Why?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil Adamson
QT Export on RED 375 frames PAL (15 Seconds) produces a 6 second clip - Why?
on Jan 19, 2012 at 8:16:36 pm

Hello
Anyone know why a RED time line of 15 seconds produces a final QT animation clip of 6 seconds?

Use In/Out Range is not ticked

The export progress indicates a total of 375 frames, a TGA sequential image export outputs a 15 second clip, so why only 6 seconds when it is exported as a MOV?

Thanks
Neil

Neil
Effective Video
http://www.effectivevideo.co.za

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: QT Export on RED 375 frames PAL (15 Seconds) produces a 6 second clip - Why?
on Jan 19, 2012 at 9:34:29 pm

Hi Neil,

I'd like to see if renders on our systems are producing the same net result that you are getting on your system. Can you please send me along your system specs as well as the project file so that I can try a render over here?

You can send the RED project file (without media) to me via email at peterm@borisfx.com.

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Neil Adamson
Re: QT Export on RED 375 frames PAL (15 Seconds) produces a 6 second clip - Why?
on Jan 27, 2012 at 11:56:00 am

Hello Peter

After I sent you the files did you manage to get any sort of feedback from the labs?

I managed to find a non-Boris RED way of doing what I needed but this certainly detracts from the capabilities of the product.

Thanks
Neil

Neil
Effective Video
http://www.effectivevideo.co.za

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Jan 27, 2012 at 3:38:42 pm

Hi Neil,

We have reproduced the problem in our labs and engineering are working on a solution. It should become available with a free update fairly soon. I don't have an exact date for the release of this update but it shouldn't take too long for us to make that available.

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]