BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Proper settings for boris RED within FCP

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sivan Geyra
Proper settings for boris RED within FCP
on Jan 19, 2012 at 5:24:19 pm

I've been using Boris RED with in FCP for years, recently we've upgraded to Blu Ray for our customers.
Since we upgraded everytime I've been using Boris RED for transitions the B image is choppy on the actual BD.
Does anyone know what settings I should use within Boris to get rid of the problem?

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Proper settings for boris RED within FCP
on Jan 19, 2012 at 6:58:35 pm

Hmmm ... are you sure that the problem is with RED? What are you using to compress and go to Blue Ray? If you are using Apple Compressor it may be that this is the issue at hand. Have you tried to render to disc and then playing the rendered file to see if it's exporting correctly? If it is, then a quick workaround would be to export or render to disc, then send the rendered Quicktime file and passing that to Apple Compressor.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Sivan Geyra
Re: Proper settings for boris RED within FCP
on Jan 19, 2012 at 9:06:18 pm

The work flow that seems to work (except for the mentioned problem) is:
Export > Quicktime movie > Compressor > H.264 > Encore > Blu Ray
I'm not quite sure what you mean by render to disc, do you mean take the render file for an effect and try to send that through compressor? in which case I don't quite see the difference from what I'm doing since the render file should be an MOV with the sequence settings I'm using.
Thank you for the help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]