BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC Chroma Key, Matte Choker and Matte Cleaner

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ted Moore
BCC Chroma Key, Matte Choker and Matte Cleaner
on Jan 18, 2012 at 7:31:42 pm

I'm positive the following is user error, I just can't seem to find the answer...

On my Mac, using Avid Media Composer 6, I'm going to be chroma keying 3 hours of footage after shooting in our studio, so the same lighting setup will work for all, of course there will be small tolerance changes, spill suppression, etc.

When I apply the chroma key and get the image 98% keyed, I am left with a green edge. When I apply the BCC Matte Choker or BCC Matte Cleaner the controls have no effect on the image...

The order does matter, right? You can't choke what you haven't Keyed?

Thoughts? ideas?

Thanks,
Ted

FoopsDesign.com
Delivering Creative Stories

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: BCC Chroma Key, Matte Choker and Matte Cleaner
on Jan 19, 2012 at 2:20:38 pm

Here's the workflow that I would recommend:

• Apply the Chroma Key filter and tweak the controls to get the best result that you can.
• In the Title Matte Controls set the Chroma Key to Multi-Filter Start (it'll look a little weird but you can ignore that for now)
• Alt+Drag the Matte Choker filter onto the keyed clip
• Set the Title Matte Controls for this filter to Multi-filter End and tweak the controls to fine tune the result
• When you have finished tweaking, set the Title Matte Controls to Multi-Filter Mid (it'll look a little weird again, but you can safely ignore that)
• Alt+Drag the Light Wrap filter and set the Title Matte Controls to Multi-Filter End
• use the Light Wrap filter to blend in some of the background clip over the edges of the keyed foreground clip

Does this work for you?

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Ted Moore
Re: BCC Chroma Key, Matte Choker and Matte Cleaner
on Jan 19, 2012 at 3:15:17 pm

@peter...

As Future said to Rabbit, "Yous a f*ckin genius"

Like a charm, thank you!

Ted

FoopsDesign.com