BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Can't get corner pin tracking to start - BCC7 for vegas

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James HoughtalingCan't get corner pin tracking to start - BCC7 for vegas
by on Jan 18, 2012 at 1:59:07 am

First attempt at using this product. Tried to use corner pinning. Following John Rofrano's tutorial. Hit track on the fly and see in the preview window the message "Move the timeline cursor to a previously tracked frame and...." I never tracked anything yet so I'm confused. If I turn on "view preprocessed source" I see the corner pins and I can set them in place. But when I toggle preprocess view off I see that message again. I hit shift B and I get a dynamic ram preview but the corner pins don't move and I get no track. I try moving the cursor around on the timeline and tried clearing cache but nothing works. Help.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Can't get corner pin tracking to start - BCC7 for vegas
by on Jan 18, 2012 at 3:10:46 pm

Hi,

That message will appear if you are not parked on the first frame of the clip when you attempt to track. So, place the time marker at the start of the clip, enable track on the fly, and play through the clip to track motion.

I'd like to suggest that you get in touch with one of our support reps who will gladly walk you through this. You can reach them via email at support@borisfx.com.

I hope this helps.

Peter.

Return to posts index

James HoughtalingRe: Can't get corner pin tracking to start - BCC7 for vegas
by on Jan 18, 2012 at 8:58:57 pm

Thanks Peter.

I was able to figure out last night that not only did I need to be on the first frame of the clip (event) but also needed to be at the first frame of the Timeline. Then today on a call with Boris, I was advised that I could change the "Start Tracking Frame 1" to equal whatever project frame number is the fist frame of the event. That was the real fix. Further, by checking Use "Start-End 1 for All" I only have to set the start frame on Tracker one and the rest will use this value. So when your event is not at the beginning of the timeline you must adjust the Start Tracking Frame. This is something none of the tutorials I've seen talk about.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]